Hi I'm DJ KathyA! I'm back from the funeral mode...
Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Today we picked Three Dog Night.
1. Black and White: “The world is black The world is white
It turns by day and then by night The child is black The child is white
Together they grow to see the light To see the light”
What are your favorite black and white items?
Photos of the past...
2. Joy To The World: “If I were the King of the world, Tell you what I'd do, I'd throw away the cars and the bars and the wars
And make sweet love to you”
What would YOU do if you were King of the World?
Resign, why deal with THAT misery and stress?
3. Easy To Be Hard: “How can people have no feelings, How can they ignore their friends Easy to be proud, easy to say no”
Have you ever ignored a friend?
Yes and recently, but I've been a good friend to many other people over the years and I cannot kick myself over screwing up one.
4. Old Fashioned Love Song: “Just an old-fashioned love song, One I'm sure they wrote for you and me, Just an old-fashioned love song, Comin' down in 3-part harmony”
What song do you think was written about you?
Depends on what part of my life I'm thinking of. Right now, I'm so NOT me, nothing comes to mind. My Way comes to mind...we used it in the funeral slide show of my father's photos...if the shoe fits...
5. Out In The Country: “Before the breathin' air is gone, Before the sun is just a bright spot in the nighttime, Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone and take back somethin' worth rememberin'”
When was the last time you took back something worth rememberin?
When I saw a line up of about 50 SubVets salute in their uniforms at my father's funeral last weekend.
6. Family of Man: “Memories replacing the loves that we've lost, Burning our bridges as soon as they're crossed, Factories built where the rivers ran, And time running out for the family of man”
Since the nuclear plant tragedy in Japan, what alternate power source would you prefer?
I've always thought solar and wind were the way to go. Those windmills are kind of sci fi-futuristic looking.
7. Shambala: “Everyone is helpful, everyone is kind, On the road to Shambala, Everyone is lucky, everyone is so kind, On the road to Shambala”
Where have you been where everyone is overly friendly?
Have you been inside a Coldwater Creek lately? It's fake, but mighty friendly in there. Also, any shoe store has a staff that will kiss your feet.
8. Eli’s Comin: “Well you better hide your heart, your loving heart
Eli's a-comin' and the cards say... a broken heart”
What good advice did you ignore and then later regret?
My mother tried to warn me about marrying my now ex husband...she was SO right.
9. One: “It's just no good anymore since she went away, Now I spend my time just making rhymes of yesterday”
Can you make up a rhyme?
Just in time.
10. Never Been To Spain: “Well I never been to heaven, But I been to Oklahoma Well they tell me I was born there, But I really don't remember”
What is your earliest memory as a child/baby?
Riding in the stroller. I loved riding in moving vehicles. I still enjoy car rides.
11. Mama Told Me Not To Come: “Just open the window brother, and let me catch my breath”
Where was the last really stinky place you were in?
My father's bedroom when we were going though his effects just after his death.
12. One Man Band: “Here I am, take my hand, I'm your man, Baby, let me be your one man band”
Do you play an instrument?
Trumpet, Djembe Drum, Tin Flute...and I sing really well alone in the car.
13. Liar: “You've taken my life, so take my soul, That's what you said and I believed it all I want to be with you as long, As you want me to, I won't move away Ain't that what you said?”
When was the last time you were lied to?
My sister said she would help with setting up for the funeral service. We had bins of memory table stuff...she brought food and never came ov er once to help with the memory tables. I had to do it alone. Bud tried to help, but this was not his responsibility.