Saturday 9: Nobody Knows You When You're Down and Out
1. What is the most “down and out” that you've ever been?
When I lived in London, England in the late 1980's, I only got paid once a month, so that 4th week was lean...I remember checking phone boxes for coins so I could buy milk for tea.
2. Do you believe there is only one "right" religion?
I like open-minded religions. The ones that propose to be the ONLY way to everlasting life can be annoying.
3. If you could get back in touch with one person you've lost touch with, who would it be and why?
I was curious how my bestest friend from high school was doing. She went to Katherine Gibbs School of Business and never wrote or called me or our other good friends again. It's been 35 years, but it stings.
4. Has anyone ever held the key to your heart, but did not know it?
A cop in CT did once. He didn't want it. Another heartache for the meter.
5. If your lover cheated on you and profusely apologized, might you accept them back into your life?
Nah. Not worth the trouble to keep a bad one.
6. Have you ever gone to work/school drunk or stoned? If yes, do tell.
I had a canteen of tequila sunrise just before 6th period as a senior in HS and went to power shop class with the hiccups. I don't drink at work. When I bartended in the 1980s, I had a kahlua coffee at the start of every shift.
7. Who is your favorite relative?
I get a kick out of my brother, Bob who lives in Austrailia. He has a wicked sense of humor and a bit of criminal element, like me. ;-)
8. What annoys you most?
People being rude and road rage.
9. Tell us of one thing you used to do that you are not proud of.
I used to tease/cut up other kids at my high school. I guess nowadays that would be known as bullying.