Welcome to Monday Mayhem.
Harriet has created today's edition, which is all about Labor.
1. In your opinion, what does Labor Day mean to you?
A day off from work. A welcome September long weekend. I didn't always have it off in some of the jobs I've had in the past, but I did this year. : )
2. How much was the minimum wage when you got your first job?
In the 1970s....still seems like yesterday, but my wage was $2.01 per hour and I was happy to get it.
3. What was your first job- as in real actual employee- job?
I was working at 15 1/2 at a movie theater as the "Popcorn Girl". I was thrilled with my paycheck every week. I was still in high school, so all the money was spent on fun stuff.
4.What was the best job that you ever had?
When I was a bartender at a chic champagne-caviar bar in Los Angeles in the 1980s.
5. What was the worst job that you ever had?
There are a lot of contenders for this. Probably as an insurance claim agent for a company that did clean ups after violent acts and fires/floods...tedious detailed work and dishonest padding of amounts. I hated my boss most of all.
6. Describe your dream job.
Drummer in a rock band.
7. Who has the best job ever?
Someone who loves what they are doing.
8. How do you usually celebrate Labor Day (or whatever holiday your location may have that is devoted to workers)?
I shop sales, vegge out at home or go to the county fair in New England somewhere...depends on the weather.