Sunday, September 4, 2011The 20 Questions of Doom Meme
Sunday Stealing: The 20 Questions of Doom Meme
1. Do you believe in Heaven?
Not in the christian concept of heaven. I believe there is "holding ground" place right after death where our souls hang out. The new agers refer to this as The Summerland. Kind of a sanctuary bridge between mortal life on earth and the next level of "being". Spiritually, I believe in an afterlife, reincarnation. Heaven is within our own life, not a place we go to later.
2. Have you ever come close to dying?
I've always thought just before surgery that I might not wake up. I had a car crash in the 1970s that I saw in slow motion and I fell down the stairs at home once and thought that was "it", but nothing serious and I've always awakened after surgery with a bright new optimistic view.
3. What jewelery do you wear 24/7?
I used to wear a pentacle on a silver chain and have earrings on every day and a watch. I would probably wear a wedding ring 24/7 but I'm not a fan of jewelry to the degree I would wear it all the time, especially at night.
4. Would you ever consider having plastic surgery?
I am intrigued by the "Life Lift" and plan to do it for my 60th birthday.
5. What do you wear to bed?
Depends on whom I am with. If alone, I shoot for comfort. If with a man, I attempt a sexy functional frock.
6. Have you ever done anything illegal?
I won't admit to anything recent. In high school, some friends and I stole some street wood horse blocks with blinking lights at a construction area and blocked off a major road in another part of town.
7. Who was the last person that you touched?
A co-worker's shoulder who is going through a rough time now. Her step daughter is in a coma. Oh..."TOUCH"? ... ummm...that would be Bud.
8. Where did you eat last?
Had my coffee and oatmeal on the sofa.
9. Besides your own blog, are there any that you routinely read but never comment on?
I comment once in awhile. I read Bud's but rarely comment on it.
10. Ever been involved with the police?
I dated 2 of them...oh...ummm you mean like getting a speeding ticket? Ya...
11. Do you talk in your sleep?
I mumble and groan.
12. Now a celebrity fantasy. Who would you take on a ménage à trois for a dirty weekend?
Kiefer Sutherland and/or Brendan Fraser
13. Do you feel that you’ve had a truly successful life?
In many ways, yes, but I have not finished my bucket list yet.
14. Where do you wish you were?
In late winter/early spring...England. In autumn...right here in New England.
15. Have you ever ridden in an ambulance?
Yes, most recently with a friend who had a gran mal seizure (epiliepsy) and I sat in front with the driver, terrified of the fast driving. I asked the driver to slow down. I'd also been a passenger-patient once when I had a panic attack and my mother thought I was having a heart attack and called 911.
16. Is there any type of dancing that you love to do?
Disco will always have my heart, but I enjoyed the early 80s moves too.
17. Last gift you received?
Bud bought me some booze.
18. Last sport you played?
I think that came after Bud bought me some booze...
19. Last place you went on holiday?
On holiday? What country IS this? Ummm...well vacation? Gee, I think it was last January with Bud at his daughter's house in Jersey.
20. Current Song?
That varies hourly. I get a kick out of that Katy Perry thing "Friday Night"...