Wednesday, January 18, 2012

CURIOUS AS A CAT MEME # 3hundredsomething

Week Number 306


1) Name three songs that remind you of specific people in your life. Explain who each reminds you of and why.
EARTH WIND & FIRE : REASONS  Reminds me of Bud because he played it all the time at the nightclub we met at 35 years ago.
BOB DYLAN :  MAGGIE'S FARM  Reminds me of my brother Bob who was the true rebel and black sheep of the family. He loved Dylan and was always keeping my parents on their toes with his political rants and social commentary. He has a great sense of humor too.
PABLO CASALS : THE DYING SWAN (From Carnival of the Animals) Reminds me of my mother. She loved this song since her high school graduation and had it on the stereo phonograph during the last year of her life. I had it played at her funeral.
2) What one socially-unacceptable behavior do you REALLY wish we could make socially-acceptable?
Socially unacceptable behavior or law? If behavior, I cannot think of any...in fact, there are some "acceptable" ones I'd like to see outlawed (like breast feeding in restaurants and loud snapping gum chewing). If it's a law I'd like to see changed, probably allowing assisted death in all 50 states.

3) Have you ever milked a cow? Ever tipped a cow?
I love Moo Cows! Cow tipping is cruel. I pet them and talk to them when I see them in fairs or if I'm photographing them in a scenic landscape. 

4) Show and Tell. What comes to mind first when you see this picture? Or, tell a story if it reminds you of one.
The pic of a close up tie and vest on a school boy reminds me of David Collins on Dark Shadows who was always dressed too fancy for the 1960s.

2 comments: