Monday, January 23, 2012

SATURDAY 9 MEME: Home

Saturday 9: Home

1. Do you live close to where you grew up? Why?
Not far enough away. I left home at 18 and never looked back at that hometown as a place I'd ever want to live. I even left the country.
 2. Have you ever been so angry that you almost lost control?
You mean lost control as in almost hurting someone? Close...in the car I can get road rage.

3. Are you a fan of a musical act that slightly embarrasses you?
I love DEVO...the 80s synth band...they had incredible ideas and fun electronics. I still love them.
 4. Is there a movie that always makes you cry?
Imitation of Life....the 1936 version when the young girl runs after her mother's coffin in the procession.
 5. Who is the most famous person that you've met?
I was a bartender in a trendy champagne-caviar bar in Los Angeles...I met many. Most notably, Carol Burnett and Jack Lemmon. I also met Andy Summers from The Police, Danny Elfman from Oingo Boingo, Marilu Henner,  James Spader, DEVO, Neil Young, and most of the cast of Dark Shadows...I don't know if it counts, but I was in London in 1986 on the side of the road waving as the QUEEN went by waving from her seat on the way to Andrew and Fergie's wedding. The hair stood up on the back of my neck. I was about 10 feet away from her.
 6. Before you leave your home, what must you have?
Keys, Wallet, Makeup, Coat or Sweater.
 7. What do you miss the most about being a kid?
Spare time.
 8. Tell us about a passion of yours that your readers would not expect?
I collect recipes.


9. At what age do you think you'd be to think, “I've had a great run”
Now that I've bagged the Hunter, it would be my present age...

No comments:

Post a Comment