Monday, August 8, 2011
Monday Mayhem- the going on vacation meme
SUNDAY, AUGUST 7, 2011
Welcome again to Monday Mayhem.
Today we are going to roast going on vacation.
1. If you were to go on a vacation next week, where would you go to?
England. I’d bring Bud to tour the pubs with. It’s beautiful there in summer.
2. What was your favorite childhood vacation memory?
They were always the same…down 95 to Florida to visit my grandmother in St Pete/Tampa area. I always enjoyed it when the motel had a pool and a swingset. I loved Morrisons Cafeterias…a chain of buffet style restaurants. It was the first time I could pick out exactly what I wanted to eat.
3. Would you or have you ever been on a vacation without your significant other?
I could, but I’d prefer him to be with me.
4. What is your worst vacation memory?
When it was late and my parents and I were exhausted and we were trying to find a cheap motel in North Carolina. I was about 12. My father would not stay in a motel owned by anyone but a white person, so we suffered for an hour in the search and wound up in a flea infested dive and I remember thinking what a couple of jerks I was stuck with for the week.
5. Who would you love to take on vacation with you and where would you go?
Bud. ... and now that I’m thinking about England…probably London.
6. What is the biggest waste of money vacation you have ever heard of?
A sporting event such as the super bowl, or anywhere just to sit on a beach. I cannot think of anything more time wasting then laying out in the sun.
7. Who really needs a vacation?
We all do!
8. Have you ever done something on a vacation that would hope nobody would ever hear about?
Not yet, but I’ll work on it!