Sunday Stealing: The OC 25 Meme
1. What is your origin of your first name? What about any nicknames?
My original birth name was Kathy. I changed it to Kathryn in 2002 in honor of Captain Kathryn Janeway of Star Trek.
2. Have you any claims to fame?
As a radio DJ, briefly as a girlfriend to a member of Devo, and most recently, as Bud's gal.
3. If you were famous, how would you introduce yourself to someone who had never heard of you?
Ummm... welll...just the way I always introduce myself... "Hi, my name's Kathy"
4. Which of your country's achievements do you hold in highest regard?
Diversity of cultures that all represent one nation.
5. As a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
At 4 I wanted to be a waitress so I could make hot fudge sundaes. As a young girl, I wanted to be a rock star.
6. What was your most prized possession as a child? Do you still have it?
A large stuffed dog I named Snoopy. I still have him in the spare bedroom...he's pretty beaten up.
7. What would you change about yourself, if you could?
Silly physical stuff like a weight loss of 15 lbs would make me happy.
8. What are you obsessed with?
Right now...decorating the house and the wedding...
9. What is your greatest achievement so far, or the high point of your career?
I enjoyed being a DJ for 12 years. My present job is as a bookkeeper and I love it.
10. When/where were you happiest?
I'm happy now with Bud. Close 2nd is my disco life in the mid 1970s.
11. And the lowest point in your life thus far?
Claiming bankruptcy about 6 years ago.
12. What was the best decision you ever made?
Being Bud's future wife...
13. If you have any body modifications, which was most painful, or which do you regret the most? If you haven't got any, do you have any planned, or would you ever consider getting any?
The tattoo was painful, and I regret not putting it in a place where I can see it.
14. What is the most idiotic thing you have ever done while intoxicated?
I grabbed a cute guy who just came into the party my work was having at a local pub and I went to kiss him and fell over, toppling both of us onto a table of sandwiches which broke.
15. What is your favorite joke?
3 guys in a boat that find a genie in a bottle...
16. What is the coolest/most impressive thing you own?
A tie between my Klimt decorative plate in the livingroom...or my car, Astro.
17. When did you last cry, and why?
Viewing my fathers tribute slideshow on the 1 year anniversary of his death.
18. What's the best piece of advice you've ever had?
At camp in the 1970s, a girl had a framed saying on her nightstand "Bloom where you are planted"... I love that saying and try to live by those words.
19. Similarly, what's the nicest thing anyone's ever done for you?
Many people over the years have done good deeds for me. Most recently, our new next door neighbor mowed our front and back lawn as they thought we were too busy to get to it.
20. Have you any vices?
Fork to mouth is the biggest. Impulsive is another... and impatiece.
21. Do you regret anything?
Regret is like guilt...a wasted emotion.
22. What is the best invention ever?
23. How would you describe your relationship with your family?
24. Who is your biggest inspiration?
I inspire myself to do things.
25. What are you going to do when you've finished Sunday Stealing?
Cocktails on the patio after I build the last studio chair for Bud.