Friday, August 20, 2010
Hi and welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. A Meme about music lyrics.
1. 21 GUNS:“Do you know what’s worth fighting for? When it’s not worth dying for? Does it take your breath away and you feel yourself suffocating?”
What was the last cause/reason that you signed a petition or joined in a protest?
I signed an online petition to have PAUL REVERE & THE RAIDERS inducted into the ROCK N ROLL HALL OF FAME.
2. AMERICAN IDIOT:“Don’t want to be an American idiot One nation controlled by the media. Information age of hysteriaIt’s going out to idiot America”
Where is the best place for trusted information about world events?
BERKSHIRE DAILY, my online newspaper.
3. GOOD RIDDANCE:“Another turning point, a fork stuck in the road Time grabs you by the wrist, directs you where to go So make the best of this test and don’t ask why. It’s not a question but a lesson learned in time”…
What was the last lesson or message about life you learned?
REALLY really think about the future when you get a tattoo burned into the back of your neck...especially as an older woman... who works in a conservative office.
4. WELCOME TO PARADISE:“Dear Mother Can you hear me whining? It’s been 3 weeks since that I left your home. This sudden fear has left me trembling Cause now it seems that I am out here on my own And I’m feeling so alone”…
Where was the place you went to live when you first moved out of your parents/guardians home?
I lived in a horrible barracks with 31 other women of various backgrounds and dispositions. I had enlisted in the US ARMY because my parents said I was too pretty for college and refused to help me pay for it. One of the worst decisions of my life.
5. MINORITY:“I want to be the minorityI don’t need your authority Down with the moral majorityCause I want to be the minority”…
When have you ever felt like an outsider?
Anytime people start talking about their kids. I don't have any (by choice). A close second is being around folks who like to talk about LOST, SURVIVOR or RELIGION.
6. WHEN I COME AROUND:“Oh I heard it all before So don’t knock down my door I’m a loser the user So I don’t need no accuser To try and slag me down because I know you’re right”…
What was the last bad thing you discovered about yourself?
That I snore...I was informed of this recently by the gentleman I am cohabitating with.
7. MISERY:“Mr. Whirly had a catastrophic incident He fell into the city by the bay He liquidated his estate Now he sleeps upon the Haight Panhandling misery”…
If you have ever been poor, what lesson, skill-set or experience came from it?
I can stretch a $20 bill for a week's worth of groceries.
8. 80:“Sometimes I wonder if I should be left alone And lock myself up in a padded room I’d sit and spew my guts out in the open air Cuz no one wants to hear a drunken fool”…
How do you relax after a stressful day?
Alcohol is involved, and the MAN in my life.
9. REDUNDANT:“We’re livin in a repetition Content in the same old stick again Now the routine’s turnin to a contention Like a production line goin over and over and over roller coaster”…
Do you do something over and over the same way, even though you know there is a better/simpler way to do it?
Argue. I still don't do it right.
10. ANDROID:“It makes me wonder when I grow to be that age Will I be walking down the street begging for your spare change Or will I grow that old? Will I still be around? The way I carry on, I’ll end up 6 feet underground and waste away”…
What age do you believe is OLD and why?
Old is when you stop being interested in what's going on in the world. Old is when you dig your heels in the sand and refuse to learn a new system at work, embrace a new technology, or accept the concept that the way it has always been done is not always right. I'm not there (old) yet, even at 52.
11. WAITING:“I’ve been waiting a lifetime for this moment to come I’m destined for anything at all”…
What is your biggest dream in life (so far)?
To be happy and content. There is potential, but I'm not THERE yet either.
12. POPROCKS AND COKE:“I don’t care is you don’t mind I’ll be there, not far behind I will dare, keep in mind, I’ll be there for you”…
What is the biggest favor you ever did for family or for a friend?
I'm sure it is coming up soon. I generally help anyone in need. A co-dependent habit.
13. BASKET CASE:“Yea, I went to a shrink to analyze my dreams, She says it’s lack of sex that’s bringin’ me down…”
What would you like more of in your life?
Spare time and inspiration.