Wednesday, August 18, 2010
Hi and welcome to Wednesday Wickedness.
HUGH GRANT QUOTES
1. “Basically, my life is so boring, it's embarrassing.”
How boring do you think your life is?
2. “But I just know from experience that accent wise, even if you're an accent genius, crossing the Atlantic is the hardest thing in the world either way.”
Can you do any accents? If not, do you know someone who is good at it?
I made fun of Valley Girls when I lived in L.A. back in the 80s...I sound like them often in conversation and can do the accent quite well when asked, which is not often.
3. “For any new technology there is always controversy and there always some fear associated with it.”
What technology did you at first fear that you now could not live without?
4. “I cling to the fantasy that I could have done something more creative. Like actually writing a script, or writing a book. But the awful truth is that I... probably can't!”
Do you, or have you ever, thought you have a book in you?
I do and have created 5 children's books about my sock monkey. I get a lot of my feelings out thru this character.
5. “I had Courtney Love's left bosom out of her dress on my plate in front of me. It was extraordinary. I didn't know where to look.”
Have you ever been in a similar type of situation?
6. “The moral of filmmaking in Britain is that you will be screwed by the weather.”
How does the weather effect where you live?
Too hot drives me nuts and I am a wimp in the cold. New England is a bad place for weather...
7. “When I think about actors I know, I'd much rather hear about who they're shagging than what film they're doing next.”
How about you? Are you more interested in you favorite artist’s next work, or the TMZ side of it all?
I like the "work" and not so much the actors, tho I have been known to note when Kiefer or Brendan have new lovers...
8. “Women are frightening. If you get to 41 as a man, you're quite battle-scarred.”
Have you ever felt “battled-scarred” by a relationship or relationships in general? If yes, do tell.
And how... too long a story and too many to mention.
9. “You know everyone loves to be the villain.”
Do you tend to root for the bad guy?
Yes, if they are clever and funny.
10. “I think that's the whole point of Bridget Jones. It's all about that it's okay to fail.”
What have you failed at and learned a lot from?
Keeping apartments for long periods of time.