I love this meme...plan on doing it weekly now!
Today we picked Marilyn Monroe. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. "I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best."
When are you are you’re best?
In a conversation about music. On the girlie side...best is dressed for a formal event...
2. "Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."
Do you ever think that you are boring?
I have seen people's eyes glaze over when I discuss decorating.
3. "A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left."
Did you ever break off a relationship because you wanted to be the one to do it?`
Yep, lots of times...do Match.Com e-mails count?
4. "It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone."
Do you feel that she is correct?
No. Well, maybe yes, but it really depends on the situation. I think a partner can improve the situation by input and support. If the problem IS the partner, well, yes, being with someone you hate is far worse than being alone.
5. "Ever notice how 'What the hell' is always the right answer?"
What was the last thing that you didn’t plan on doing but then thought, “What the hell!”?
A yard sale with my friend...
6. "We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets."
Do you have any major regrets?
Following bad advice from a lawyer 4 1/2 years ago. Some jobs I should not have taken, some apartments I should not have moved into...some men I should not have wasted a date on...
7. "What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course."
What do you wear to bed?
Nightgowns...or nudity, depends on the situation...not a T-shirt and old sweatpants kinda person. I don't care for Chanel No 5 BTW....
8. "It’s better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what your not." Have you ever pretended to be someone you are not because it was easier?
I am very polite to strangers, like them or not. I pay attention to business lectures, tho I am probably bored...
9. "I am invariably late for appointments - sometimes as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing."
Are you usually on time for events or appointments?
No, I am late. I time things oddly and never account for getting into the car /parking/ and walking to the room-place of business.
10. "Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about."
What makes you smile?
Bud and new love... sigh ...