Sunday, August 29, 2010
The Majorly Personal Meme, Part Two
Link back to
Sunday Stealing!Sunday Stealing: The Majorly Personal Meme, Part Two
21. If you were to live your life without your best friend, what would change?
Because I have been such a gypsy, I have not had a "best friend" since my high school days. I've been just fine with co-worker friends and acquaintances. I enjoy my facebook friends too. : )
22. Tell us about a era of your life that you really miss.
The 1970s. Hands down. Junior High to High to Graduating to Disco to first apartment... Aces!
23. Have you ever been betrayed by someone that came as a complete surprise? Without revealing the person, if yes, tell us about it.
At work, there had been a co-worker who shared their greiveances with me often and I with them. The business was in trouble a couple years later and that employee was promoted to replace a person who had been let go. I sent him an e-mail one morning with our usual gripe share and he forwarded it to my boss with a comment like "Can you believe what Kathy is saying?" The boss called me into the office and read me the riot act. I was downsized within a month. I learned a LOT about trust and about e-mailing co-workers from this incident.
24. Do you ever think that is a good idea to hide your feelings?
Yes, at work!
25. Tell us about your favorite year when you were a student.
When I was a student in my senior year, I was pretty, hip, dating heavily, quite popular, about to graduate, and had pre-enlisted in the ARMY. I thought my future was well-taken care of, and the whole world was...my oyster. Boy was I blissfully dumb!
25. When was the last time you were in a very good mood? What caused it?
A 2nd question 25?! South American white wine the other night had me in too good a mood. I was told I was quite amusing in this state, but yesterday morning I had a hangover from hell.
26. Have you ever had a romantic relationship with a sibling of a good friend?
No relationships with friend's immediate relatives, but I dated a neighbor's cousin one night. He was a total drip. I also dated a set of brothers...does that count?
27. Tell us about the last thing that you did that you truly regret.
A mis-handled legal matter due to a bad lawyer about 5 years ago.
28. When did you laugh today?
It's early in the morning, so laughs don't come easy, but I did chuckle when I saw evidence that Bud had gotten into the ice cream in the middle of the night.
29. Do you trust easily?
No (see question 23).
30. What do you care about that you wish more people would?
Kindness and Common Sense.
31. Is it easier for you to go without food or go without sleep?
Sleep is not so important. Food is very important to me, especially coffee.
32. What non-alcohol beverage do you enjoy drinking the most?
Have I ever mentioned coffee?!!! I use my Keurig in the morning, go have Dunkee on the way to work, have a cuppa from the work deli early afternoon, and sip an iced coffee on the way home from work. I also sneak Bud's Diet Coke every now and then. I hate water and have never been able to drink a whole glass of it...
33. When you walk into a room full of strangers, generally how is your confidence?
It depends on the situation the degree, but yes, confident around strangers. I am puppy dog friendly. That seems to charm most people.
34. Does talking about sex with anyone but your lover make you uncomfortable?
Co-workers and friends. I find women are capable of telling co-workers possibly more than their lovers at times. I have heard and discussed things with co-workers that would curl your toes.
35. Do you tend to believe members of the opposite sex mostly behave the same way?
I think there are some traits each gender has across the board, but everyone is an individual, and I like the unique qualities someone brings to the table.
36. Did you drink any alcohol this week? If yes, what?
Oh jiminey whiz...drinking again. A few bourbon & diet cokes and one long night of South American white wine. AM I ready for my intervention yet?
37. Would you ever consider being a vegetarian?
I have done it a few short periods in my life. Not a bad way to live. I was vegetarian the entire time I lived in England (3 years), except for fish n chips... Bud is the ultimate carnivore, so I tend to eat some form of meat daily now, and it doesn't bother me, but I love veggies and non-meat entree's.
38. Do you believe that there’s always room in your heart for someone?
Yes. Always. But not everyone.
39. Do you believe in the concept of soul mates?
Yes, but I think we have different soul mates in different phases of our lives. I find it very difficult to understand people who have been with only one person for their whole life since their teenage years. Boggles the mind.
40. Last week, we had a few players criticize our victim’s questions. Which is fine to do and we value your opinion. Would you ever consider writing questions for Bud and me to post on a Sunday Stealing?
Sure I'd be glad to, but I didn't criticise you. I enjoy the memes...even questions that don't do it for me...As for those who complain...my friend told me years ago "There's Always Someone in Hell Asking for Ice Water".