Friday, March 4, 2011

ROCK n ROLL Fridays meme: DAVID BOWIE

Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs.

Today we picked David Bowie.

1. Space Oddity “Ground control to Major Tom. Take your protein pill and put your helmet on…”
What vitamin or mineral supplement(s) do you take?
I take a multi-vitamin with super strength Bs in it for post bariatric surgery. Chewable. I have trouble swallowing pills.

2. Changes “And these children that you spit on. As they try to change their worlds, are immune to your consultations. They’re quite aware of what they’re going thru”
What advice or suggestion have you given recently that went unheeded?
I told Bud it was not a good idea to eat spicey foods after his hospital visit. He ordered extra hot buffalo wings tonight...
 3. Starman “There’s a starman waiting in the sky. He’d like to come and meet us, but he thinks he’d blow our minds…”
Do you believe there is intelligent life on other planets that has been monitoring us on earth?
Yes. I think they may have made hybrids with apes back in time to create humans as we know them now...explains the pyramids and other unusual ancient relics...

4. Ziggy Stardust “Ziggy played guitar, jamming good with Weird and Gilly, the Spiders from Mars. He played it left hand, but made it too far. Became the special man, then we were Ziggy’s band”
What is your favorite “fad” singer or band that swooped in with a hit and swooped out 15 minutes of fame?
I think there are many one hit wonders. I got a kick out of Mmmm Bop by those 3 kids "Hanson".

5. Heroes “I, I will be King, and you, you will be Queen. Though nothing will drive them away. We can beat them just for one day. We can be heroes just for one day…”
Do you think the Royals should remain in England as sovereign rulers?
I love the ceremony and pomp of the royals. I hope they continue to reign, even if only as tourist attractions. I admire the Queen.

6. Fame “Fame makes a man take things over. Fame, lets him loose, hard to swallow. Fame puts you where things are hollow…”

For you, what would be the worst part about being famous?
Not being able to stop into a greasy spoon diner annonymously and having to keep the ON FACE 24/7 or facing paparazzi scrutiny.

7. Ashes to Ashes “I never done good things, I never done bad things, I never did anything out of the blue…”
Name a good thing and a bad thing you did recently.
I left a job abruptly. I got a great new job.
 8. Fashion “Fashion! Turn to the left! Fashion! Turn to the right! Ooooooh, Fashion! We are the goon squad and we’re coming to town, beep beep!”
What is the last fashionable item you bought?
DG2 Skinny Jeans just arrived from HSN. Gray. Zips and details...Look great. : )

9. Let’s Dance “Let’s dance to the song they’re playin on the radio…Let’s sway while color lights up your face, let’s sway, sway thru the crowd to an empty space…”
When was the last time you slow-danced with someone and what was the song?
"Reasons" by Earth Wind & Fire...with Bud. In the dining room.

10. China Girl “I could escape this feeling with my china girl. I feel a wreck without my china girl…”
What is your favorite Chinese dish?
MooShui Pork or Chicken Fried Rice.
 11. Modern Love “Never gonna fall for modern love walks beside me, modern love walks on by. Modern love gets me to the church on time…”
What is different about modern dating /relationships from what you did as a teenager?
Communication devic es and methods...and online dating sites. People are still the same tho...
 12. Cat People “See these eyes so green, I can stare for a thousand years. Colder than the moon…”
What is your least favorite thing about cats?
I cannot think of anything I like about them.
 13. Rebel Rebel “You love bands when they’re playin hard. You want more and you want it fast. They put you down, they say I’m wrong. You tacky thing, you put them on”
What do you like about your wildest friend or acquaintance?
His sexy eyes and his humor...

3 comments:

  1. I had trouble swallowing pills until I was in my teens. I'm not sure how it all finally came together. My mom found a special cup for my aunt that has a little ledge to hold the pill right at the rim...in theory the pill will just wash right down. I guess it helps her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet I know how Stacy learned to swallow...pills.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG Budman...B A D. I may remove my compliment to you in #13.

    ReplyDelete