Thursday, March 10, 2011

Rock n Roll Fridays MEME: TALKING HEADS

Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics.
                      Today we picked Talking Heads.

1. Psycho Killer “I can’t seem to face up to the facts, I’m tense and nervous and I can’t relax. I can’t sleep cuz my bed’s on fire. Don’t touch me I’m a real live wire…”
What has kept you from a restful night’s sleep recently?
Hot flashes, foot cramps and someone's snoring...

2. Life During Wartime “This ain’t no party, this ain’t no disco…this ain’t no foolin around. No time for dancing or lovey dovey. I ain’t got time for that now…”
Where was the last nightclub or disco you went to?
OMG, a singles dance at Sheraton near Boston...I shook the rug and met some interesting men...however I drove home, alone, and happy.

3. Take Me To The River “Take me to the river. Dip me in the ocean. Take me to the river washing me down…”
When was the last time you took a dip in the water?
I don't swim and hate the beach, but I did take a romp in the pool with Mr Weiser this past August...beer was involved in the mayhem.

4. Found A Job “Their show gets high ratings, they think they have a hit. There might be a spin off, but they’re not sure ‘bout that”
What is your favorite TV spin off show of all time?
Bob Newhart Show, Jeffersons, Night Gallery.

5. Once In A Lifetime “And you may ask yourself How do I work this? And you may ask yourself Where is that large automobile? And you may tell yourself This is not my beautiful house! And you may tell yourself This is not my beautiful wife!”
Are you happy with your choices of car, house and spouse/no spouse?
Hate the car, hate the house, love the S/O...

6. This Must Be The Place “Out of all those kinds of people, you got a face with a view. I’m just an animal looking for a home, share the same space for a minute or two…”
Who has a face with a view?
Some of the American Idol contestants have wonderful faces, well made up...

7. Girlfriend Is Better “I got a girlfriend that’s better than this, and you don’t remember at all. As we get older and stop making sense, You won’t find her waiting long…”
What is the shortest date or relationship you have ever had?
I did a drive-by on a blind date. When we were about to meet, I called his cellphone when driving by a group of people walking towards the restaurant. When I saw who answered their phone, I kept driving... all the way home. My bad...

8. Swamp “Everyone wants to explode. And when your hands get dirty, nobody knows you at all. Don’t have a window to slip out of . Lights on, nobody home”
Where was the last homeless person you saw and what was he/she doing?
Yesterday's was sitting at the intersection in a wheelchair with a missing leg and a sign. I gave him $2. Today's was going thru the trash at my Dunkee and I saw him drink out of a discarded cup of coffee.

9. Road To Nowhere “We’re on the road to paradise. Here we go. We’re on a road to nowhere, come on inside. Takin that ride to nowhere, we’ll take that ride”
When was the last time you took a day trip or a road trip?
Last weekend, Bud and I went up to the Berkshires for a sample of maple syrup sugaring season. We ate a pancake breakfast in a farm barn next to the sugar shack where they make syrup from trees tapped in late Feb-April. There is only about a 6 week window.

10. And She Was "The world was movin and she was right there with it and she was”
Are you keeping up with the world? What piece of modern technology do you still need to own/use?
Embarrassed to say I have a cellphone that only gets phone calls. I'd like to get a Droid...

11. Wild Wild Life "Sleepin on the interstate oh oh oh…getting wild wild life. Checkin in and checkin out oh oh oh, I got a wild wild life”
When was the last time you stayed at a motel/hotel and what town were you in?
Bud and I stayed in a luxury suite at the 1896 House in Williamstown. I used to be an innkeeper there.

12. Nothing But Flowers “Once there were parking lots, now it’s a peaceful oasis, you got it you got it. Once it was a pizza Hut, now it’s all covered with daisies. I miss the honky tonks, Dairy Queens and 7-11 s…”
What would you miss if nature grew back over malls and concrete?
Dunkees...

13. Building On Fire “When my love stands next to your love, I can’t define love, when it’s not love…”
Define love.
Putting someone else's happiness over your own. Thinking of someone all day and wanting to make them smile when you see them again. Rainbows, Lollipops....yadda yadda yadda...

3 comments:

  1. Wanna learn to swim? Great! Follow me down...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh get a droid!! I so love my droid!! Wasn't sure I really wanted it - now the only way to get it away from me would be prying it from my cold dead fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ria...LOL! Thanks for the review. I have to decide more on the monthly plan cost than the device, actually. I've been paying about $39 a month for my cellphone usage and it's quite a jump to use the Droids' functions and features...soooo tempting! Thanks! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete