Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Wednesday Wickedness: Whoopi Goldberg

Today Janera picked Whoopi Goldberg. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!



1. An actress can only play a woman. I'm an actor, I can play anything.
If you could experience any life form that was not a human of your sex, what would you pick and why?
A dog on a farm or out in the country. I think it would be well fed, get plenty of fresh air and have lots of other animals to bark at, play with and hump on (jk).

2. For some reason, all artists have self-esteem issues.
Do you have any self esteem issues? Do tell. (Since we all do.)
I have had bad esteem issues since I was a little girl. Both parents are guilty of promoting my self-loathing, but I'm raising myself out of that pit ...one day at a time.

3. I am the American Dream. I am the epitome of what the American Dream basically said. It said, you could come from anywhere and be anything you want in this country. That's exactly what I've done.
Do you believe in the American Dream or has it passed through time?
Yes. I am optimistic and have faith in people's resourcefulness, inventiveness and sheer guts to keep this country moving.

4. I don't have pet peeves, I have whole kennels of irritation.
It's been asked before, probably weekly, but what's irritating you today?
I did not get a callback on a very important matter today.

5. I don't look like Halle Berry. But chances are, she's going to end up looking like me.
What do you think you'll end up looking like? (A picture would help.)
Depends on how many lifts I get and my genes. I'll just be an older version of NOW. ;-}

6. I grew up in a time when it would never have occurred to anyone to tell me there was anything I couldn't do.
Has anyone told you that you could not do something?
I was told I would not find a job in this economy. I found and was hired for 7 in the past 13 months...

7. I want Carl Sagan to explain the sky to me.
Is there anybody dead that you'd like to talk to?
My mother. I'd like to know about the post-death journey she took and if dead people's spirits are really around us and part of the universal energy, (as has been my theory for years).

8. If every American donated five hours a week, it would equal the labor of 20 million full-time volunteers.
Have you ever done volunteer work?
I have helped the Salvation Army (via my ex-workplace) serving a meal, helped in California as a blind person companion in a program there, and most notably, I helped with an elderly christmas celebration a couple years in a row when I lived in England. It was for the Mayor of Islington's Annual Christmas Party which is held for destitute elderly people living in that area. I helped load these fragile people onto a bus and then helped served them dinner at the party and walked them to the restroom. I found it all really gratifying.

9. It's being willing to walk away that gives you strength and power - if you're willing to accept the consequences of doing what you want to do.
Have you ever walked away from a job and regretted it?
Probably...

10. Normal is in the eye of the beholder.
Are you normal? Explain.
I'm quite normal...the rest of the world is not, apparently.

1 comment: