Welcome to Monday Mayhem.
This week's meme was borrowed from Lola -
1. What is your favorite holiday show/animated show?
I like the Santa Claus story where they sing "One Step In Front of The Other". It was inspiring. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9jeh4mA5us
2. What holiday character do you think you're most like?
Donna Reed's character in "Its a Wonderful Life".
3. What holiday character does your spouse think you're most like?
4. Favorite Christmas/holiday song?
I like all the classics. I especially love this 2004 Boys Choir from Oxford's King's College. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RC34N1TfCQ
5. Most hated Christmas/holiday song?
12 Days of Frikkin Xmas. Any version, except comedy.
6. If you have an all holiday music radio station when do you start listening to it?
1st weekend after T' Day. I love winter music, but only until Dec 25th then I need my rock n roll back.
7. If you have an all holiday music radio station do you love it or hate it?
Huh? Nothing wrong with holiday music, or musak...
8. Have you ever wrapped yourself as a Christmas/holiday present? Come on...you can tell!
Umm...well I've done it under a tree...
9. Who is Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer's father?
10. Do you drive your neighborhood or one near you at night to look at other people's holiday decorations?
YES! I dragged Bud to a well-lit street last night after dinner to look at all the houses decorated. He was not amused, but I loved it.
11. When you see a heavily decorated house do you think, 'oh that's lovely'? Or do you think, 'oh criminy, that looks like Christmas threw up all over their lawn'?
Well..depends. If there is religion involved, mixed in with Santa and Frosty, I usually will laugh. I enjoy the lights. I appreciate people's efforts.
12. Are you counting the days to Christmas/Holidays with excited anticipation or dread?
I'm enjoying the journey thru it.
13. When was the last time you had your photo taken with Santa? Did you sit on his lap?
About 6 years ago with a frined. Yes, as an adult.
14. Do you make a Christmas/Holiday list for your spouse or significant other or do you rely on them to pick your gift(s) without a clue from you?
I like the natural way for gift giving. I hate telling someone what to get me.
15. When do you put up your tree and/or menorah/and or anything else?
Usually the 2nd week of December.
16. If tree- Real or fake?
REAL, tho I have had fakeys over the years. Nothing beats the smell of fresh pine.
17. When do you take your tree/decorations down?
Immediately after Xmas. I don't wait for Epiphany.
18. Do you shop the day after Christmas sales? What do you shop for?
19. Is your work/office having a holiday party this year? Will you attend?
I did not attend, tho my ears were burning that night.
20. Do you have your New Year's Eve Plans set yet?
No. We are kickin around a couple ideas.