ROCK n ROLL FRIDAYS meme: TOM PETTY
Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their lyrics. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics.
Today we picked Tom Petty.
1. AMERICAN GIRL: “Well, she was an American girl Raised on promises. She couldn't help thinkin' That there was a little more to life somewhere else”
Have you ever wanted to live somewhere else? Where?
Yes, recently. I'd love to live in a bigger place with a functional kitchen...
2. BREAKDOWN: “Honey, I get the feeling you wont. There is no sense in pretending Your eyes give you away, Something inside you is feeling like I do…”
Have you caught someone in a lie recently?
Yep, at work...
3. YOU DON’T KNOW HOW IT FEELS: “People come, people go, Some grow young, some grow cold. I woke up in between, A memory and a dream”
Do you live in the past?
Sometimes. I have a lot of paper trail memorabilia and fond memories of disco days.
4. THE WAITING: “The waiting is the hardest part, Every day you see one more card You take it on faith, you take it to the heart, The waiting is the hardest part”
What have you had to wait for?
My soul mate...and on a mundane level...red lights in the morning on the way to work.
5. STOP DRAGGIN MY HEART AROUND: “Baby you'll come knocking on my front door Same old line you used to use before. That's the game, well... what am I supposed to do I didn't know what I was getting into”
Ever been a sucker?
Yeppers...recently at a job interview...I had to jump through a lot of hoops for the job offer...a management position...won the offer... for $10 an hour!
6. REFUGEE: “Honey, it dont make no difference to me, Baby, everybodys had to fight to be free…”
Have you ever been in a physical fight with another person?
I punched a guy in the Army who tried to fondle me, and I dropped a drink into a guy's lap oncel Does that count?
7. LAST DANCE WITH MARY JANE: “Last dance with Mary Jane, One more time to kill the pain, I feel summer creepin' in, And I'm tired of this town again…”
Have you ever tried marijuana or another illegal drug?
Hehe...yup. I was a teen in the 1970s man.
8. INTO THE GREAT WIDE OPEN: “He met a girl out there with a tattoo too The future was wide open. They moved into a place they both could afford He found a night club he could work at the door”
Have you done something on the spur of the moment that worked out fine?
I moved in with Bud.
9. HERE COMES MY GIRL: “Hey, here comes my girl, here comes my girl, Yeah, she looks so right, shes all I need tonight”
What do you need besides your significant other tonight?
10. HARD ON ME: “Maybe if I tried, I could turn the other cheek, Maybe, but how big do I have to be? I need someone To put their arm around me Shelter me from all harm…”
What is the worst thing you have forgiven someone for?
I don't think I forgave them!
11. FREE FALLIN: “She's a good girl, loves her mama, Loves Jesus and America too She's a good girl, crazy 'bout Elvis, Loves horses and her boyfriend too…”
What are 6 things you love or are crazy about?
Music, Bud, Chocolate, Computers, Travel, Dogs...but not in that order.
12. EVEN THE LOSERS: “Baby, even the losers get lucky sometimes, Even the losers keep a little bit of pride. They get lucky sometimes”
Have you ever been a loser?
Yep. A doormat. Never again...
13. SHADOW OF A DOUBT: “With that little certain something, she's a complex kid, And she's always been so hard to get around. She always likes to leave me with a shadow of a doubt.”
What is the shadiest advice you have ever been told?
You could make more money on the side by over-pouring the booze and undercharging for the drinks... (Told to me by a fellow bartender to get more tips).