Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics.
Today we picked Simon and Garfunkel.
1. A HAZY SHADE OF WINTER But look around, the leaves are brown, And the sky is a hazy shade of winter. Oh, seasons change with scenery, weaving time in a tapestry, Won't you stop and remember me?
Do you think of someone special during Winter?
2. BRIDGE OVER TROUBLED WATER When you're down and out, When you're on the street, When evening falls so hard I will comfort you. I'll take your part.
What cheers you up?
Petting a dog or a Red or a white in a glass STAT.
3. EL CONDOR PASA I'd rather be a forest than a street. Yes I would. If I could, I surely would. I'd rather feel the earth beneath my feet.
When was the last time you went barefoot in the grass?
Summer for a cookout, but I didn't walk far. I'm a wimp.
4. AMERICA Counting the cars on the New Jersey Turnpike, They've all come to look for America…
How do you entertain yourself during a traffic jam?
Crank up the tunes, sip on my Dunkee and eat a bagel n Cream Cheese.
5. SOUNDS OF SILENCE When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light That split the night And touched the sound of silence
What words would flash on your ideal neon sign?
SALE ON WHAT YOU NEED TODAY
6. 59th STREET BRIDGE SONG Got no deeds to do, No promises to keep. I'm dappled and drowsy and ready to sleep. Let the morning time drop all its petals on me. Life, I love you, All is groovy.
What was the last event that made you feel groovy?
Oh geez...it probably had something to do with romance...
7. RICHARD CORY The papers print his picture almost everywhere he goes: Richard Cory at the opera, Richard Cory at a show. And the rumor of his parties and the orgies on his yacht! Oh, he surely must be happy with everything he's got.
Do you make enough money to keep you happy?
Yes, but I'm not really happy with the job.
8. THE BOXER In the clearing stands a boxer, And a fighter by his trade And he carries the reminders Of ev'ry glove that laid him down
How do you feel about boxing as a sport?
It is paid fighting, not a sport. Too violent and too dangerous.
9. MRS ROBINSON Hide in the hiding place where no one ever goes. Put it in your pantry with your cupcakes. It's a little secret just the Robinsons' affair. Most of all you've got to hide it from the kids.
What was the last thing you hid from the kids or significant other in your home?
A present I bought for him.
10. I AM A ROCK I have my books And my poetry to protect me; I am shielded in my armor,
What item protects you?
11. KATHY’S SONG I hear the drizzle of the rain Like a memory it falls Soft and warm continuing Tapping on my roof and walls.
What is your least favorite thing about rain?
I really hate driving in rain.
12. HOMEWARD BOUND Home where my thought's escaping, Home where my music's playing, Home where my love lies waiting Silently for me.
What’s your favorite thing about your home?
Bud lives there.
13. FIFTY WAYS TO LEAVE YOUR LOVER The problem is all inside your head, she said to me The answer is easy if you take it logically I'd like to help you in your struggle to be free There must be fifty ways to leave your lover
What was the worst way you ever left a lover?
e-mail. My bad.