Today we picked Mark Twain. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
Do you let yourself off the hook easily?
No, Everythng is my fault.
2. A man is never more truthful than when he acknowledges himself a liar. Do you think everyone lies?
White lies perhaps.
3. A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
What was the last thing that you had to learn the hard way?
That you cannot trust what a temp agency says about a job they are sending you on.
4. A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read.
What types of things do you read?
Magazines, non-fiction, work manuals and catalogs.
5. A person with a new idea is a crank until the idea succeeds.
Have you ever thought about something that did not exist and later was invented?
6. Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.
How well do you think that you observe people?
Very well. I am quite intuitive.
7. Against the assault of laughter nothing can stand.
Have you ever used humor to diffuse a difficult situation?
8. Age is an issue of mind over matter. If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
How important is your age to you? Do you ever lie about it or refuse to reveal it?
I hate my age. I hate aging. I don't discuss it.
9. All you need is ignorance and confidence and the success is sure.
How important do you think confidence is? Are you confident?
I am confident in many areas, not all, but many.
10. Be careful about reading health books. You may die of a misprint.
Do you do everything you should to be healthy?
NO, and my lifestyle needs tweaking. I plan to change that in 2011.