Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
This is a special "double" meme in honor of being the last meme of the year.
Today we picked The Beatles.
1. HARD DAYS NIGHT : “You know I work all day, to get you money, to buy you things, and it’s worth it just to hear you say, you’re gonna give me everything…”
Have you ever supported another person?
Yes, when I was married, my husband was an off-season, out of work landscaper. He eventually got a job as a postman, but it was a long 6 months supporting him on my retail job wages.
2. ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE: “Nothing you can make that can’t be made. No one you can save that can’t be saved. Nothing you can do but you can learn how to be you in time, it’s easy. All you need is love…”
What 3 things do you need besides love?
Health, A Job, Humor.
3. BACK IN THE USSR: “Been away so long I hardly knew the place, gee it’s great to be back home…”
What is the most unusual place you have visited?
In Dover, England, I toured a secret underground network of tunnels carved into the white clifts that was used as a hospital and secret communication headquarters during WWII. It also housed a museum dedicated to the creator of JAMES BOND, Ian Fleming, with all kinds of prop devices used in the films. Facsinating. It is supposed to be haunted as well, but I didn't notice anything unusual while I was visiting.
4. DO YOU WANT TO KNOW A SECRET?: “Listen, doo da doo, do you want to hear a secret? Do you promise not to tell?...”
What was the last secret you heard?
It was a co-worker talking about another co-worker having a fight with their S/O. I had inquired as to why they were so grumpy that morning.
5. DRIVE MY CAR: “Baby you can drive my car. Yes I’m gonna be a star. Baby you can drive my car and maybe I’ll love you…”
When was the last time you drove someone else’s car?
I drove Bud's car to and from his sister's Holiday Party. I was the DD.
I am always the DD...
6. EIGHT DAYS A WEEK: “I ain’t got nothing but love, babe. Eight days a week”…
What was the longest week of YOUR life?
The last week before I got married. I was scheduled for an outdoor wedding and the weather in New England is so horrifically ever-changing, I didn't know if it was going to rain or not. It did, but cleared for the wedding and photos, then started up after we got to the reception.
7. GET BACK: “Jojo was a man who thought he was a loner, but he knew it couldn’t last. Jojo left his home in Tucson Arizona, for some California grass. Get back! Get Back! Get back to where you once belonged…”
Where do YOU belong?
With Bud. : )
8. GOOD MORNING GOOD MORNING: “Everyone you see is half asleep, and you’re on your own you’re in the street…”
What is your morning routine?
Early up, coffee, check e-mails, FB, blog comments. Shower, makeup, dress. It'll be a few more hours until Bud rises.
9. HELLO GOODBYE: “I don’t know why you say goodbye I say hello, hello, hello…”
Who was the last person you said goodbye to that you look forward to saying Hello to again?
The Airedale dogs at The 1896 House.
10. YESTERDAY: “Yesterday, all my troubles seemed so far away, now it looks as though they’re here to stay, oh I believe in yesterday…”
What was the best event of yesterday (the day before today)?
Something to do with post-Grand Marnier drinking...tied with a call-back from a future employer.
11. WITHIN YOU WITHOUT YOU: “We were talking about the space between us all and the people who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion…”
Spiritually, do you believe in afterlife, reincarnation or nothing at all?
I believe in reincarnation. I'm very Pagan-New Age-y that way.
12. WHEN I’M 64: When I get older losing my hair, many years from now…will you still be sending me a valentine, birthday greetings, bottle of wine?...”
What was your favorite age to be?
Under 30 and over 20. Just wish I was smarter back then... sigh.
13. WE CAN WORK IT OUT: “Try to see it my way, do I have to keep on talking till I can’t go on? While you see it your way, run the risk of knowing that our love will soon be gone, we can work it out…”
What is the most drastic thing you ever did to try to save a relationship/friendship?
More futile than drastic, I have sent holiday cards to an ex-friend for over 18 years with no response.
14. THE NIGHT BEFORE: “We said our goodbyes the night before, Love was in your eyes the night before, Now today I find, you have changed your mind…treat me like you did the night before…”
Anything change drastically just overnight for you?
Jobs and Houses changed, and boyrfriends...probably post stomach-stapling surgery, I felt like a new person. Eventually, I got my life back.
15. FOOL ON THE HILL: “But nobody wants to know him, they can see that he’s just a fool. And he never gives an answer but the fool on the hill sees the sun going down and the eyes in his head see the world going round…”
Were you ever teased or bullied in the past?
Yes, for severe acne (nicknamed"Kathy Ackey") and bullied on the bus by the neighbor kids gang for being the weird girl who played trumpet in the band at school. I hate school and my neighborhood both because of this awkward time.
16. SHE’S A WOMAN: “My love don’t give me presents, I know that she’s o peasant. Only ever have to give me, love forever and forever, my love don’t give me presents…”
What was the last gift your significant lover gave to you?
A Remote Car Starter from Bud. xxo
17. SEXY SADIE: “She came along to turn on everyone, sexy Sadie the greatest of them all, Sexy Sadie how did you know, the world was waiting just for you…”
What is sexy about your significant other?
Everything! (except the sweats & T shirts).
18. REVOLUTION: “You say you want a revolution, well you know, we’d all want to change the world…”
What would you change about the USA right now if you could (besides war)?
Socialize health insurance/services and medicine. People are sick, dying or letting major health issues go unchecked because they cannot afford insurance. I know this firsthand. : (
19. PENNY LANE: “Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes, there beneath the blue suburban skies…"
Tell us about your favorite street. It doesn’t have to be the one you live on now…
I love country roads in the USA, but for a city street, it has to be LONDON, ENGLAND hands down...perhaps a High Street, King's Road or Oxford Street...so many bring back fond memories. Any that Bus 7 traveled along after work.
20. PAPERBACK WRITER: “It’s a thousand pages give or take a few, I’ll be writing more in a week or two. I can make it longer if you like the style, I can change it round and I want to be a paperback writer….”
What would your book be about if someone advanced you money to write one?
A fictional character's life, based on my daydreams.
21. NOWHERE MAN: “He’s a real nowhere man, sitting in his nowhere land, making all his nowhere plans for nobody..”
Who do you feel is clue-less?
People who feel war brings peace.
22. NORWEGIAN WOOD: “She showed me her room, isn’t it good Norwegian wood?”
What piece of artwork or furniture are you most proud of?
A poster I ripped off a pub wall in London while I was trashed on hard cider. It depicts a cartoon couple drinking Pernod and has the price (in pence) of the mixed drink. I've had it since 1987.
23. MICHELLE: “I love you I love you I love you, that’s all I want to say, until I find a way, I will say the only words I know that you’ll understand…"
Have you ever dated a non-US born person? (If you are from another country , have you dated anyone outside your borders?)
Yes, English, Canadian, Austrailian, New Zealander, Scottish, Israeli, Turkish, Irish and a Welch man.
24. MAXWELL’S SILVER HAMMER: “Bang Bang Maxwells’ silver hammer came down on her head, bang bang Maxwell’s silver hammer made sure that she was dead…”
How would you like to die if given a choice?
Quickly, painlessly, and a LONG time from now.... Yikes!
25. MAGICAL MYSTERY TOUR: “Roll up for the mystery tour. The magical mystery tour is waiting to take you away, waiting to take you away take you today…”
What was the last tour you went on?
I toured the Susan B Anthony House in Rochester, NY last year.
26. LADY MADONNA: “Lady Madonna baby at your breast, wonders how you manage to beat the rest…”
How do you feel about public breast feeding?
Uugh. Nothing like shelling out a bill for a 5 star meal and glancing over at some "natural" woman whipping out her naked breast to feed her whiney baby. Take it to the ladies room. It's natural you say? So is taking a dump, but THAT is not done in a public restaurant. I am totally against public breast feeding.