Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics.
Today we picked Aerosmith.
1. Dream On “Every time that I look in the mirror, All these lines in my face getting clearer. The past is gone. It went by like dusk to dawn. Isn’t that the way. Everybody’s got their dues in life to pay” Do you pay dues or something such as a membership in a union, church, civic group, gang, etc?
Does a subscription to REAL SIMPLE magazine count?
2. Angel “Without your love, I’m nothing but a beggar. Without your love, a dog without a bone…” What is your favorite dog breed?
I love PBGBs, Coonhounds and terriers for the most part. I love all dogs.
3. Sweet Emotion “You stand in the front just a shakin your ass. I’ll take you backstage you can drink from my glass…” Have you ever been backstage at a concert to meet the band? If not, what band would you like to meet backstage?
I have been backstage with Devo and also A Flock of Seagulls. lol! As a kid, I daydreamed about being backstage with Paul Revere & the Raiders and The Monkees.
4. Walk This Way “So I took a big chance at the high school dance with a missy who was ready to play…” What was the first song you ever danced to at a school dance?
Bob Anderson, a mixed race 8th grader, (13), asked me, a gawky whitey 7th grader (12) to dance to "Joy To The World" by 3 Dog Night. It was a profound moment in my life. I found confidence to keep dancing and became quite good at it by 18.
5. Crazy “You’re packin up your stuff and talkin like it’s tough. And tryin to tell me that it’s time to go, yeah. But I know you ain’t wearin nothing underneath that overcoat. And it’s all a show, yeah.” Ever worn your PJs in public?
Only as a joke in High School for costume day.
6. Cryin “I was cryin when I met you. Now I’m tryin to forget you. Your love is sweet misery.” What is the worst film you went to see in the past 5 years?
Probably one of the later Harry Potter films. Creepy and the kids were rude to each other.
7. Draw The Line “Checkmate honey beat you at your own damn game. No dice honey I’m livin on the astral plane. Feet’s on the ground and your head’s goin down the drain. Oh heads I win tails you lose….” What is your favorite board game?
Pictionary, or any music quiz game.
8. Big Ten Inch Record “My girl don’t go for smoking, and liquor just makes her flinch. Seems she’ll go for nuthin, ‘cept for my big ten inch… Record of a band that plays the blues…” What was your favorite record (or CD) when you were 18 years old?
Tie: Donna Summer's "4 Seasons of Love", and Best of the Moody Blues.
9. Janie’s Got A Gun “It’s Janies last IOU She had to take him down easy and put a bullet in his brain…” What was the last IOU written for that you either gave or received?
Bud got a money IOU from me when I was hard up for cash once.
10. Jaded “My my baby blue. Yeah I’ve been thinkin bout you. My my baby blue, yeah you’re so jaded. And I’m the one that jaded you” Are you jaded on a subject or issue?
Several. Most vocal on disliking christian bible thumpers.
11. I Don’t Want to Miss A Thing “I don’t wanna close my eyes. I don’t wanna fall asleep cause I’d miss you baby And I don’t wanna miss a thing….” What was the last event that you missed that you regret?
A sleigh ride with Bud.
12. Rag Doll “Yes I’m movin, I’m really movin. Sloe Gin fizzy, do it til you’re dizzy. Give it all you got until your put out of your misery” What is the most miserable thing that happened to you recently?
Bud's recent hospital stay was overwhelmingly bad and exhausting for me.
13. Love In An Elevator “Love in an elevator, lovin it up when I’m goin down. Love in an elevator. Livin it up when I hit the ground…” What is the most unusual place that you have made love?
On a crisco-covered tarp.