Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday, but our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and use thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!
Today we picked Heavy Metal Bands.
1. Black Sabbath: Iron Man “Is he alive or dead, has he thoughts within his head? We’ll just pass him there. Why should we even care?”
Do you believe in Dr Kevorkian’s concept of “mercy killing” ?
Assisted dying should be a legal option with some standards set in place, such as latter stage terminal disease, a permanent wracked-with-pain health issue, or expediting latter stage inoperable cancer or AIDS. Oddly, we are allowed to have our beloved dogs and cats put down mercifully, but not grandpa.
2. Led Zeppelin: Rock n Roll “It’s been a long time since I rock n rolled, it’s been a long time since I did the stroll”
What have you not done in a long time that you would like to do again?
Go to the mall and shop freely with no regard to expense.
3. AC/DC: You Shook Me All Night Long “Cause the walls start shaking, the earth was quaking, my mind was aching and we were making it…”
Have you ever been in an earthquake?
When I lived in California, I was awakened by several "small" ones. I thought at first my bed was shaking because of a ghost, then I realised the whole house was shaking and knicknacks were falling off the shelf.
4. Jimi Hendrix: Purple Haze “Purple haze all around. Don’t know if I’m up or down. Am I happy or in misery? Whatever it is, that girl put a spell on me”
Do you believe people can put spells on other people?
I believe that some people can manipulate others.
5. Metallica: Enter Sandman ”Something’s wrong, shut the light. Heavy thoughts tonight. And they aren’t of snow white…”
What most recent thoughts kept you from falling asleep?
Unemployment and the fear of not getting hired ever again.
6. Judas Priest: You’ve Got Another Thing Coming “One life I’m gonna live it up, I’m takin flight, I said I’ll never get enough. Stand tall, I’m young and kinda proud…”
What did you think you would do as a grown up that never happened?
Change how things are run in the world...
7. Motorhead: Ace of Spades “You win some you lose some, it’s all the same for me. The pleasure is to play…”
Do you play the lottery / scratch tickets?
I sometimes buy scratch tickets. Recently got a few 3 Stooges tickets just because they were the 3 Stooges. Won $10. I do not play the lottery otherwise.
8. Iron Maiden: The Number of the Beast “Woe to you o’ earth and sea. For the devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows that time is short…”
Do you believe the earth is headed down a catastrophic path with severe weather and climate changes, or is this just a passing phase?
I think we are reaping what we have sown. Our blasting away at the earth's resources and our pollution has caused the conditions that created the severe weather patterns we are now seeing. Mother earth is fighting back.
9. Slayer: Angel of Death “Auschwitz; the meaning of pain. The way that I want you to die. Slow death, immense decay…”
Should the USA continue to try to help change nations who have inhumane laws?
10. Spinal Tap: Stonehenge “In ancient times, hundreds of years before the dawn of history, lived a strange race of people…the Druids”
What ancient civilization do you like the best?
In school I was fascinated by the Mayan and Aztec cultures. As an adult, I love leaqrning about the Ancient Celtic and Egyptian civilizations.
11. Kiss: Rock n Roll All Night “You keep sayin you’ll be mine for awhile. You’re lookin fancy and I like your style…”
Ever date or hang out with someone just because of the way they look?
My ex-husband was adorable eye candy. I guess I only had him for a "trophy" husband.
12. Uriah Heep: The Wizard “Why don’t we listen to the voices in our hearts, cause then I know we’d find we’re not so far apart”…
Do you believe we could ever find one government style (democratic, socialist, etc) that suits everybody in the world?
We need to learn to live in harmony with other religeous cultures instead of forcing christian ideology upon them.
13. Dio: Rainbow In the Dark “There’s no sign of the morning coming, you’ve been left on your own. Like a rainbow in the dark.”
Ever been stood up when you were meeting someone?
One of my Match.com dates never showed when I went to meet him at Stew Leonards. He was on his way out to get groceries when he called to meet me and I thought it would be a great novelty to meet him at the store and shop along with him. He was in the early stages of divorce and had not yet dated. I never heard from him after that night and after standing in the store for over half an hour, decided never to try to meet someone at a grocery store again.