Friday, February 18, 2011

ROCK n ROLL FRIDAYS meme: Fleetwood Mac

Today we picked Fleetwood Mac.


1. Go Your Own Way “Tell me why Everything turned around
Packing up Shacking up is all you wanna do”
What is the longest vacation you have ever been on?
I spent a summer in Great Britain and Ireland in 1986. I stayed in youth hostels, rode in trains, busses and I even hitchiked all over England, Scotland, Wales and Ireleand. It went by fast. I loved it so much, I returned to London to live for almost 3 years.

2. Hold Me ”there's nobody in the future so baby let me hand you my love oh, there's no step for you to dance to so slip your hand inside of my glove”
What is the worst exercise machine or routine you’ve ever tried?
I don't know about the worst, but the silliest by far was a specialty gym that had all this equipment they used with coma patients. You sat or laid down on a machine and it moved you around. Each machine worked a different muscle group. One moved your arms and legs, one twisted you slightly...it was a hoot. I laugh remembering the "workout coach" that would come over and say things like "hold your stomach in for the count of 15" or "let the machine move you into the right positions".

3. Gypsy “so i'm back to the velvet underground back to the floor that i love and now a room with some lace and paper flowers back to the gypsy...that i was...to the gypsy...that i was...”
What is your fondest memory of personal freedom?
Driving in the country on a Saturday morning...any time has been a joy.

4. You Make Lovin Fun “I never did believe in miracles, But I've a feeling it's time to try. I never did believe in the ways of magic, But I'm beginning to wonder why.”
Do you believe in magic/witches/alchemists?
I believe in pagan religions. They are the most logical to me.

5. Dreams “Now here I go again, I see the crystal visions I keep my visions to myself It's only me Who wants to wrap around your dreams and ...Have you any dreams you'd like to sell? Dreams of loneliness ... Like a heartbeat ... drives you mad ...”
Your newest daydream was about what?
The clock striking 5:00 pm at work.

6. Say You Love Me “have pity baby, just when i thought it was over. now you got me runnin', runnin', runnin' for cover. i'm begging you for a little sympathy 'cause if you use me again it'll be the end of me”
Anyone violate your trust lately?
A former co-worker ratted me out when I said something negative about the company I was with. I was terminated within a month after.

7. Sara “Sara, you're the poet in my heart Never change, never stop
And now it's gone It doesn't matter what for When you build your house I'll come by”
Do you live in a house, apartment or with a relative?
I live in Bud's man cave.

8. Over My Head “you can take me to paradise and then again you can be cold as ice i'm over my head but it sure feels nice”
How have you been over your head lately?
Financially over my head...I took out a large loan and have a $359 monthly payment and I owe the IRS over $2400 in back taxes. Just started working again last week, so I've got a bit of debt to handle for my limited income.

9. Songbird “And the songbirds keep singing, Like they know the score,
And I love you, I love you, I love you, Like never before, like never before.”
Do you believe people should have caged birds for pets?
I had 2 cockatiels I rescued from a lady who had cats and didn't want the birds. I built a special 6' x 8' cage in my livingroom to house them and give them flying room. I felt guilty any time I saw them watching the "free" birds outside the window. Even though I loved them dearly, I do not believe we should clip birds wings and keep them as pets unless they are injured and cannot fly naturally in the wild.


10. Landslide “can the child within my heart rise above?-can i sail thru the changin' ocean tides? -can i handle the seasons of my life? i don't know.....”
What season of your life are you sailing through?
I am floundering thru my middle ages...

11. Silver Springs “Time cast a spell on you But you won't forget me
I know I could have loved you But you would not let me”
Any unrequited love story for you?
Nothing tragically serious.

12. Little Lies “No more broken hearts, we’re better off apart. Let’s give it a try, tell me tell me lies…”
Ever told a lie to someone so to not hurt their feelings when they asked for the truth?
I thanked someone for having me at their wonderful party, even though I didn't have a good time at all.

13. Warm Ways “you.....made me a woman tonight sleep...until the morning light I ….i'm waiting for the sun...to come up.... i can't sleep...with your warm ways”
If you have lost your virginity, and if you can remember the event, was it as amazing as you thought, or were you less than happy with the results?
I vaguely remember and it was awful. Just awful. I was a teenager with no idea what I was doing...neither did he.

1 comment:

  1. That 3 month vacation sounds amazing. No wonder you went back. I was just a kid,but I remember the ladies in the neighborhood talking about a gym around here that had those same types of machines. I don't think it lasted very long. I hear you on the financial woes...no fun!

    Have a great weekend, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete