Sunday, February 13, 2011

SUNDAY STEALING meme: The Sunset Meme

Sunday Stealing: The Sunset Meme


1. What is your favorite Mexican dish?
I love hard shell beef tacos. I had breakfast (salsa omlette and Mexican style potatoes) at a restaurant in Pasadena once that knocked my socks off. When I worked in L.A. I often got a delicious pulled-chicken taco in the local Mexican greasy spoon. I have yet to find that quality of Mexican food here in the Eastern states.

2. When you were a kid, did you get started on your homework right away after school, or did you procrastinate?
Nah, I watched Dark Shadows with my mom. The family had to eat dinner way too early because my father worked a weird shift and was hungry at 4:30! We never ate dinner past 4:45pm. I'd practice my trumpet after dinner and started homework around 7:30pm.

3. What is your favorite store for home furnishings?
I like Bobs even tho a lot of it is cheap crap. I am an IKEA shopper too. All the really fancy furniture stores are fun to walk thru, but pricing can be horrible there.

4. When you were young, did you like school lunches?
I looked forward to the set menu days such as Monday's pot roast, Wednesday's Ziti, or Thursday's grinders, and always loved the desserts. I remember those little cartons of milk we had to have with the meal. I would never have believed back then that someday a vending machine would be installed in school that sold junk food and soda pop. 

5. Is religion a crutch?
It either enhances your life or dominates it. I respect spirituality, but not fanatics.

6. In your region, what is the “big” high school sport?
Uugh...foot...ball...uuugh, basketball...uugh...and track.

7. Do you consider yourself rich?
In life experience yes. Financially, I am not in good shape.

8. Which of these would you have the best chance administering:
A) CPR
B) Heimlich Maneuver
C) Changing a flat tire

9. Which dance would you prefer to learn & why:
D) Belly Dance. I love watching "Shimmy" on TV.
I already KNOW how to rock n roll, line dance and disco.

10. What’s the worst news you’ve ever delivered to someone?
Calling family members to inform them that my mother had just died.

11. Name something you learned in college that had nothing to do with classes or academics.
I still relied on my parents for money and support and realized how expensive living "on my own" was going to be without them. 

12. New variation on an old question: If there’s a song in your head that just won’t get out, what is your favorite (or most repeated) line in that song?
"Freedom of choice is what you got. Freedom FROM choice is what you want!" Devo were great social commentators. Pioneers of creative music video. Here is the video for that song. One of my alltime favorite bands!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVGINIsLnqU

5 comments:

  1. i really like your #5 and you have such interesting answers. have a nice weekend! My Sunday stealing is here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember Dark Shadows? I would come home from school and my mom would be watching that.

    Have a great rest of your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It sounds as tho you don't care for sports. Who knew??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good answers, though I've never heard of Ziti, or grinders either for that matter. I remember getting free milk at school (surprised to hear about the vending machines there) and also realising the harsh realities of the cost of living while at college. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete