I love this band and had a crush on Billy Corgan, the lead singer for years...great lyrics.
Today we picked Smashing Pumpkins. Here's Rock 'n Roll Fridays!
1. 1979 “Shakedown 1979, Cool kids never have the time. On a live wire right up off the street, You and I should meet”.
Where were you in 1979?
St Petersburg, Florida, taking college courses for private investigation and forensic studies. I would soon move back to New England. I took a job as a private investigator for a company that specialized in store shopping-(testing security systems). Hated it and never pursued my forensic studies because of the experience. Now, watching shows like BONES and NCIS and CSI, I wish I'd stayed in it.
2. BELIEVE “And if they steal your life, your heart is still mine. Your song, you sing, a truth, there’s no other. I want to believe in you dear.”
What song do you love to sing along with?
Most female vocal stuff (in the car, alone) like Fleetwood Mac's Rhiannon, Lulu's TO SIR WITH LOVE, and Earth Wind & Fire's REASONS. Phil Bailey had a great upper range.
3. BULLIT WITH BUTTERFLY WINGS “Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage. Someone will say what is lost can never be saved. Despite all my rage, I am still just a rat in a cage”.
When was the last time you felt like a rat in a cage?
In the Rhode Island Building at the BIG E Fair...it was VERY very crowded.
4. CHRISTMASTIME “I remember dreaming, Wishing, Hoping, Praying for this day. Now I sit and watch them, the little ones I love”.
What day are you dreaming, wishing, hoping, praying for?
The day I can turn to Bud and say "Isn't it great that I won the Lotto this week?!"
5. DISARM “I used to be a little boy, so old in my shoes. And what I choose is my voice. What’s a boy supposed to do?”
What did you bring to SHOW n TELL as a child to school?
I had a large white stuffed dog with spots and a goofy face I absolutely loved. I would get nervous as the kids passed him around after my "talk". I treated the dog like it was a live friend. It still resides at my father's house in the attic.
6. THIRTY THREE “Supper’s waiting on the table. Tomorrow’s just an excuse away. So I pull my collar up and face the cold, on my own. The Earth laughs beneath my heavy feet.”
When and where do you generally eat supper?
We do not have a dining room at the BudmanCave and tend to eat supper hunched over the coffeetable somewhere between 6:30 and 8pm most evenings. Drinking and carrying on transpires the rest of the evening, but only after Bud see's his ding ding sports show.
7. TODAY “To cleanse these regrets, my angel wings were bruised and restrained. My belly stings."
When was the last time your belly “stung”?
After a heavy duty beef n noodle n gravy "comfort food" meal I made the other night. Talk about feeling like a blob. Can you say "BURP?!"
8. TONIGHT TONIGHT “Time is never time at all, you can never ever leave, without leaving a piece of youth. And our lives are forever changed. We will never be the same. The more you change the less you feel.”
Despite the number, what age do you think you really are?
Somewhere around 30. Too bad I was not as worldly at 30, and I had a great body...now, ummm...err....life hands you a cruel reality sometimes.
9. APPELS AND ORANJES “What if the sun refused to shine? What if the clouds refused to rain? What if the wind refused to blow? What if the seas refused to wave? What if the world refused it’s turn?”
Do you believe the 2012 catastrophe will happen? If so, how are you preparing for it?t?
I do not live in fear or partake in paranoias. I believe scientific research is important and will mildly prepare if they feel it is a real threat and give us a little warning. I don't believe my chances of surviving will depend on survivalist training, owning a gun, or 10 years of food inventory stored in the basement. I'm not digging a sealed underground living unit either, so I guess I kiss my arse goodbye when the north pole moves to Florida.
10. CHERRY “Stay with me, I’ll set you free. ‘Cause I can tell you once were pretty. Rose, so sad you’ve lost your petals. Lost the luster off your tattle tales.”
What celebrity has not aged well?
Any 1960s rock star or group member except that hunky John from Steppenwolf, Smokey Robinson and Ringo.
11. CRESTFALLEN “Who am I to you? Along the way, I lost my faith. And as you were, you’ll be again. To mold like clay, to break like dirt. To tear me up in your sympathy.”
What was the last thing you made out of dirt or clay?
I used to be involved with craft shows, bazaars and church fairs. I baked Sculpy clay into seasonal shapes for grandma pins, and I made ornaments out of all kinds of things, like silver-sprayed pinecones and made clay toppers for them.
12. EYE “Is it any wonder I found peace through you? Turn to the gates of heaven, to myself be damned. Turn away from eye, it’s not enough, just a touch.”
How do you find peace?
Music ALWAYS will be my soundtrack of salvation.
13. MA BELLE “You must hold your truce alone. To make love happen, the moon must send you home. There’s no place that I’d rather be”.
When was the last time you walked in the moonlight?
The other night, tho it was a brief trek from the house to the car with Bud. Full moon on the Autuminal Equinox. Aces!....Hey wait...isn't this song title the name of one of Bud's French Twins?! Wonder if he will notice that...hmmm.