Saturday 9: Just Like Me
1. Who in your life do you think behaves and thinks the most like you do?
Absolutely no one.
2. As a kid, were you ever wrongly accused (and punished, if it went that far) for something you didn't do? If so, what was it? What happened?
Yes, a stranger must have keyed my mother's car side door when I was 7 or 8, but she insisted I did it and wanted me to tell her what I used to scratch it with. She made me go to my room to "Think about it" and not come out until I could tell her "what really happened". I wanted to go outside and play so badly (in those days, kids liked to play outside without technology) that I lied and said I did it with a rock and would never do it again. She let me go play outside, after scolding me on how bad I was. I never should have done it because up until we got another car, when we would go somewhere, she often would remind me how "I ruined her car".
3. What about as an adult, were you ever wrongly accused for something you didn't do?? Do you think it's worse to be accused as a child or an adult? Why/why not?
At work. I was accused of telling someone a secret about one of the supervisors. I had not, but the supervisor read me the riot act. I am no longer at that job, but it bothers me still.
3. What’s the scariest weather situation you’ve experienced?
I was driving in Florida when a serious rainstorm flash-flooded the street I was on. The water rose so quickly, it was up to my door level and I could not see out the front windshield to drive on, so I stopped. The rain stopped, but not before I had visions of climbing out the window to sit on the roof!
4. If you could wake up tomorrow morning in another country, where would you want to be and why?
England or Belgium. Both are beautiful and interesting places.
5. Instead of going to work Monday, if you could spend the entire day doing something else--any one or two things that you absolutely love doing--what would you do?
This time of year...drive around to farm stands and orchards. Taking pictures.
6. What sites (other than meme sites) do you use most to help you post on your blog?
Huh? I never used memes prior to meeting Bud...my blogs were about the 2 airedale dogs I worked with at the Inn and my travels in the Berkshires. I used google for images for special effects composition photos of the dogs.
7. Check out a post on your blog from six months ago (March 2010) and tell us what is different now about your blog and/or life?
My March posts were about my life in the Berkshires and about the two Airedale terrier dogs I worked with at the Inn...I met Bud on the 18th of March ...and here I am, living with him in a completely different place in a completely different life.
I no longer do the Airedale terrier or Berkshire travel blogs. : (
8. What was the last photograph you took?
At the BIG E Fair...probably of Bud. He's camera shy you know...
9. Which fashion trend do you believe is the most horrendous and why?
The appeal of really expensive handbags...and extreme Couture annoys me. I appreciate that it's art, of course...but the 'tude these people display towards mundane regular people in street clothes is vicious, and spending $500+ on a silly handbag is just ridiculous.
Thanks so much for joining us again at Saturday: 9.