This is a great Saturday meme! Thanks Samantha!
Saturday 9: Half the Man I Used to Be
1. Do you feel that you are essentially the same person that your were ten years ago?
Absolutely not. Everything in my life is different and I have learned so much in this decade.
2. Is there something that you have to give all or nothing to?
My children's books.
3. Have you ever gambled? What have you bet on and for how much?
Oh Ya... Worked at Foxwoods in the 1990s and quit so I could play the slots! You would think working there I would have a clue as to where the "good" machines were located and go play them...well, goes to show ya employees are no better at picking than regular folks...I'm still not rich. I usually wind up breaking even and getting the buffet with my points.
4. Can you sleep anywhere or does it have to be in a bed?
I can sleep anywhere except the floor. I once woke up with palmetto bugs crawling on me in Florida, so I'm paranoid now about a floor.
5. Tell us about the most disastrous or embarrassing first impression you've ever made on someone.
In England, I met my then boyfriend's parents and was nervous, so I said when I met him I just couldn't resist that cute fanny of his...it's a bad comment to begin with...worse though for me, because in England, fanny is a foul word for a woman's genitals.
6. Do you have a memorable "ripped clothing" moment in your life? No? How about in someone else's?
Not that I can discuss here...
7. What's changed on your blog since its inception? ...a redo? ...a change of pace? ...or is it about the same?
I've added memes after having NOTHING! I was writing 2 other work-related blogs that were not personal, but very clever. One was called AIREDALE ANTICS about the 2 dogs I used to work with. The other blog was BERKSHIRE RAMBLINGS about my adventures as an assistant innkeeper. Both are still up and available for reading on the 1896 House website home page.
8. If you could travel back in time and whisper something to yourself ten years ago, what would it be?
"Get a divorce NOW, don't wait...and contact that DJ from the Dialtone back in the 70s"...
9. Okay, let's have it! What's the craziest, most impulsive thing you've ever done?
Oh geez...AGAIN...I cannot discuss the details...but it involved a Hummer on a rainy evening...