Today we picked Paul McCartney. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “George wrote Taxman, and I played guitar on it. He wrote it in anger at finding out what the taxman did. He had never known before then what could happen to your money.” No one likes paying taxes. But do you think the tax system is fair?
I hate taxes, but I understand they are needed to help fund stuff. My gripe is that I'd love to delegate WHERE my taxes are spent.
2. “I definitely did look up to John. We all looked up to John. He was older and he was very much the leader; he was the quickest wit and the smartest.”What did you think of John Lennon?
He was a smarta$$ and he was crazy in love with a woman later in life. He died too young and we lost a true musical and social legend.
3. “I saw that Meryl Streep said, I just want to do my job well. And really, that's all I'm ever trying to do.” How do you approach your job whether in the workplace or at home?
4. “I used to think anyone doing anything weird was weird. Now I know that it is the people that call others weird that are weird.” Have you found that you have more tolerance for unusual people as you get older?
I AM more unusual as I get older!
5. “I don't take me seriously. If we get some giggles, I don't mind.” How seriously do you take yourself?
6. “I think people who create and write, it actually does flow-just flows from into their head, into their hand, and they write it down. It's simple.” Does your blog writing just flow from your head, or is it a lot of effort?
Flows from me brain-o...
7. “Think globally, act locally.” Do you do anything to help your local community?
I smile and speak to everyone and say hello if someone says it to me. Everyone is valid. Some people get ignored, like homeless or down n outs...I like the idea of being a positive point in someone's day. That is direct community service. I have volunteered for senior events when I lived in England. I assisted a blind lady weekly with her shopping and bill paying when I lived in L.A. I donate all out of season clothes to the goodwill bins.
8. “When you first get money, you buy all these things so no one thinks you're mean, and you spread it around. You get a chauffeur and you find yourself thrown around the back of this car and you think, I was happier when I had my own little car! I could drive myself!” Have you ever had a period where you felt that you were set financially?
Yep. When I was a high end bartender in L.A. at a caviar bar. I made hundreds a night in tips and lived quite the life...too bad I got all caught up in the "life" and wound up driving my little car back to New England with everything (left) I owned in the back...totally broke.
9. “Lyricists play with words.” Do you think what you write on your blog is clever or just ordinary and why?
Ordinary for me...
10. “Where I come from, you don't really talk about how much you're earning. Those things are private. My dad never told my mum how much he was earning. I'm certainly not going to tell the world. I'm doing well.” Who in your circle knows how much money your family makes?
My family?! My family doesn't even know what we make! Bud knows my income only because I live with him and whine about needing more. ;-)