Thursday, November 11, 2010

ROCK n ROLL FRIDAYS meme: THE CURE

The Cure

Hi I'm DJ KathyA!
Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics.
Today I picked The Cure. They are my favorite band of all time.

1. FRIDAY I’M IN LOVE “Monday you can fall apart, Tuesday, Wednesday break my heart. Oh, Thursday doesn't even start, It's Friday I'm in love”
Do you have a certain day of the week for particular meal, such as pizza night or a family night, such as Game night?
Friday and Saturday nights are always a treat in the Bud cave.

2. LOVECATS “We should have each other to tea huh? We should have each other with cream, Then curl up by the fire And sleep for awhile”
What is your favorite brand of tea (or iced tea)?
I grew to love tea made properly 'round 3 or 4 O'Clock in the afternoon. I enjoy Assam the best, or any strong tea. Not a fan of Green tea or flavors. It must be piping hot.

3. LETS GO TO BED “Another girl, Another name, Stay alive but stay the same It's just the same, A stupid game”
Have you ever joined a dating service or used personal ads to find a date?
Yep. Back in the 1980s, I was in a magazine club called INTRO in L.A. I also joined Match.com, Cupid. com, PlentyOfFish.com and eHarmony. I met some very interesting people. Met some long term friends, but none of the romances panned and most were a waste of lipstick to meet.

4. NEVER ENOUGH “However big I ever feel, It's never enough. Whatever I do to make it real, It's never enough. In any way I try to speak. Never enough”
What is the last project you worked hard on, only to get knocked down with friends /family insults about it?
Weight loss surgery. It was a total success. My family still refers to it as "that stupid thing I did to lose weight".

5. JUST LIKE HEAVEN "Show me how you do that trick, The one that makes me scream" she said. "The one that makes me laugh" she said. And threw her arms around my neck . "Show me how you do it And I promise you I promise that I'll run away with you"
What’s your best trick?
Used to be how well I mixed songs on the radio. Nowadays, I guess it's pulling a breakfast together so all the sides come out at the same time.

6. INBETWEEN DAYS “Yesterday I got so old I felt like I could die. Yesterday I got so old It made me want to cry…”
When was the last time you felt old or were told by someone else that you were too old to do something?
At a recent job interview, I was asked if I planned to retire in the next 5 years. Seeing my uncomfortable expression, she added "we always have to ask anyone who is over 45 this question, so it's nothing personal". Made me feel even worse.

7. WHY CANT I BE YOU “Everything you do is irresistable Everything you do is simply kissable Why can't I be you?”
What would you say to your favorite celebrity if you met them in person?
"Is there an afterlife?" (My fav celebrity is dead).

8. THIS TWILIGHT GARDEN “I lift my eyes from watching you
to watch the star rise shine onto your dreaming face and dreaming smile
you're dreaming worlds for me “
What is the nicest thing about sleeping with someone else, or sleeping alone?
Waking up at 3am to find an arm gently cradling me.

9. PRIMARY “The innocence of sleeping children Dressed in white And slowly dreaming Stops all time Slow my steps and start to blur So many years have filled my heart I never thought I'd say those words”
What do children do that amuses you most?
I love what they observe and comment on.

10. 10:15 ON A SATURDAY NIGHT “Under the strip light, And I'm sitting In the kitchen sink, And the tap drips , Drip drip drip drip drip drip drip drip”
What was the last appliance or household item you fixed?
A spotted carpet. I cleaned it.

11. BOYS DON’T CRY “I would say I'm sorry If I thought that it would change your mind But I know that this time I've said too much Been too unkind “
What was the last thing you said to someone that you wish you could take back?
"I do" (at my last wedding).

12. CATERPILLAR “You flicker And you're beautiful You glow inside my head You hold me hynotized I'm mesmerized Your flames The flames that kiss me dead “
What is your favorite insect?
Adam Ant (handsome 80s singer!), The Beatles, Grasshopper (a minty cocktail), or Hal Roach (Little Rascals films producer).

13. CHARLOTTE SOMETIMES “Sometimes I'm dreaming Expressionless the trance Sometimes I'm dreaming So many different names Sometimes I'm dreaming. The sounds all stay the same“
What era in history would you like to visit for one day?
The 1960s...a walk on Carnaby Street in swinging London.

3 comments:

  1. The Bud Cave. Too funny. Bet he's out by 8pm too.

    Enjoy your day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam Ant was H.O.T! I had his poster on my wall--his Stand and Deliver costume...sigh. good times. I love South Park Robert Smith!

    Have a great weekend with Budrick, Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the clever response to insects... ;)

    ReplyDelete