Tuesday, November 23, 2010

WEDNESDAY WICKEDNESS meme: Judy Garland

Today we picked Judy Garland. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!


1. "Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of somebody else."
Have you ever realized that you were trying to be like someone else?
In the 1980s, I wanted to look like a Nu-Wave model...I failed because I didn't have that "edge" or bravery to pull it off.

2. "Behind every cloud is another cloud."
Are you more optimistic or pessimistic about things?
Optimistic. I believe in The Secret.

 3. "How strange when an illusion dies. It's as though you've lost a child."
Tell us about a time when you realized your perception of reality was an illusion.
My marriage to a man 9 years my junior...reality bites.

 4. "I've never looked through a keyhole without finding someone was looking back."
Have you ever felt someone was watching you a bit too closely?
My mother.

5. "If you have to be in a soap opera try not to get the worst role."
Have you ever had a job that you were embarrassed by?
Ohhh yaaa... most recently for a convenience store chain in management training. I had to wear a uniform and a name tag and be a cashier the first week. I felt like such a loser. What I realised was that people who work in a convenience store have a lot of responsibility and hard menial labor for a job.

 6. 'In the silence of night I have often wished for just a few words of love from one man, rather than the applause of thousands of people."
Do you feel that you need a lover to make you feel “whole”?
Nah, but he sure spices things up.

7. "If I am a legend, then why am I so lonely?"
Tell us about a time when you felt lonely.
When I was really sick a couple weeks ago, trying to get some sleep, unemployed and broke.

8. "I can live without money, but I cannot live without love."
Would you rather be rich and alone or live with love from a lover?
Oh geez...how about meeting in the middle. Live within means with a lover?

 9. "I try to bring the audience's own drama - tears and laughter they know about - to them."
Tell us about the last movie that you saw where you could feel the drama as though you were living it.
Avatar. In 3D.

10. "I was born at the age of twelve on an MGM lot."
What was your life like at 12?
Acne, the newness of menstrual cramps, big clumsy feet...crappy I'd say.

1 comment:

  1. 9 years younger? You go!!!!
    Meeting in the middle works for me.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete