Thursday, November 25, 2010

ROCK n ROLL FRIDAYS meme: Led Zeppelin

Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday.  Each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the songs. Got it? Great! Let's begin this week's meme!

Today we picked Led Zeppelin.






1. BLACK DOG “Take too long before I found out, what people mean by down and out. Spent my money, took my car…”
When was the last time you were down and out?
Fairly recently...with pneumonia and unemployment...not a happy camper.

2. DAZED AND CONFUSED “Oh I don’t like when you’re mystifyin’ me. Oh don’t leave me so confused, now whoa baby. Been dazed and confused for so long…”
What leaves you dazed and confused?
People's interest in basketball games.

3. FOOL IN THE RAIN “Another 10 minutes no longer, and then I’m turnin around. The clock on the wall’s moving slower, oh my heart it sinks to the ground…”
Have you ever been “stood up”?
No, but I am guilty of standing up other people. My bad...

4. IMMIGRANT SONG “On we sweep with, with threshing oar. Our only goal will be the western shore. So now you better stop and rebuild all your ruins…”
How do you feel about immigration into the USA?
I beleive anyone should be able to come in, however, they need to work for at least 5 years and earn their social benefits, not just get them automatically upon arrival. Our native people need to have jobs and benefits first and foremost.

5. KASHMIR “I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been. To sit with elders of the gentle race, this world has seldom seen…”
Have you ever visited someone in a nursing (old age) home?
Yes. My mother while she was recouping from a serious surgery years ago, and my father recouping from a recent illness. I know the workers treat the patients really well and I'm so glad they are there, but I hate visiting and seeing these poor elderly people sitting in chairs staring, or passing their rooms and seeing unhappy, lonely people in bed with no one to visit them.

6. MISTY MOUNTAIN HOP “Crowds of people sittin on the grass with flowers in their hair said Hey boy, do you wanna score?”…
Have you ever done something because of “peer” pressure?
At 14 a group of girls and I went to Caldors (cheap chain store) and we all had to steal something "to be cool". I took a bottle of Babe cologne and I still feel guilty about it to this day.

7. RAMBLE ON “A ramble on, and now’s the time the time is now. Sing my song, I’m goin round the world to find my girl”
Where is the oddest place you went to on a date?
Highgate Cemetary in England at midnight with my new English boyfriend on a ghost hunt. Creepy, spooky place, but I'm glad to have had that experience.

8. ROCK N ROLL “Ho, it’s been a long time since we walked in the moonlight, a-makin vows that just can’t work right, haw haw, yeah yeah open your arms, open your arms, open your arms, let my love come runnin in…”
What’s the last romantic thing you did (besides sexual)?
Put covers over him when it got cold last night.

9. STAIRWAY TO HEAVEN “There’s a lady who’s sure, all that glitters is gold, and she’s buying a stairway to heaven…”
What did you last buy? Was it on Black Friday?
I got some bedding and drapes for the bedroom from online. I plan to redecorate as soon as I get it painted, which should be sometime this weekend, I hope!

10. THANK YOU “If the sun refused to shine, I would still be loving you. If the mountains should crumble to the sea, there would still be you and me…”
What is the longest relationship you have ever had?
My failed marriage...7 wasted years. I have a better relationship standing with childhood girlfriends.

11. THE LEMON SONG “I work as hard as I can-a. I bring home my money, you take my money, give it to another man. I should have quit you baby-a such a long time ago…”
Have you ever loaned money to someone?
Yep. Our nutsy art web guy at a previous job was always short for cash on Thrsday, so I'd loan him lunch money and always get paid back on Friday.

12. THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME “You don’t know what you’re missin now. Any little song that you know. Everything that’s small has to grow. And it has to grow!”
Do you have plants in your house?
Not yet...I plan to when we move to a bigger place...

13. WHOLE LOTTA LOVE “You’ve been learnin and baby I been learnin, all them good times, baby baby I’ve been discernin…”
What is the last class or course you studied?
For my job recently...Xactimate (construction blueprint software)...man it's detailed and complicated!

6 comments:

  1. #2 Agree, I don't see get it either. #4 Totally agree! We spend so much effort on making their lives better, while we (the natives) suffer for it. They also need to put some rules on learning our language too. It's hard as hell to communicate with them, and they clearly make no efforts on their own. Shouldn't be able to speak anything other then English in the work place either. My old job, manufacturing, I was surrounded by Hmongs, Vietnamese, Laotians, a smattering of Mexicans and most of them would only speak their language or ask their own people for help. Was a major pain in the ass because you never knew what they were saying or if they were learning things properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we should allow all the immigrants to move to this country. Maybe they could stay at Shawnna's. What'ja think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all want to know....was it Bud you stood up?

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Regarding #3:
    Ah-hah! So it was YOU! (LOL!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL! Thanks everyone for your comments. Lady Grinning..what was it? ;0). Harriet, nah, it was way before Bud. During the match.com era. I managed to keep all of Bud's dates...

    ReplyDelete