Wednesday, November 17, 2010

WEDNESDAY WICKEDNESS meme: Boy George

Today we picked Boy George. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!

1. “I can do anything. In GQ, I appeared as a man.”
What have you done that really surprised people?
Changed jobs and men and houses so often. I've moved 34 times since I left home.

2. “I suppose there is a lot of toughness in me.”
What was the last thing that happened that showed you how tough you are?
I survived 6 weeks of a very stubborn strain of pneumonia and during the worst of it, applied for jobs, went on interviews, cooked dinners and tried to function as a girlfriend. I am almost back to normal.

3. “I try to exist in a world where there is freedom of opinion, where you're allowed to make jokes. I don't want to live in some PC world where no-one's allowed to say anything.”
What do you think about being PC (politically correct)?
I always am publically. Privately, I can say outrageous things.

4. “I find it difficult to say this, but I'm quite a loving person and I've always been loving to my friends. In the long run, that pays off. I'm very interested in other people, and if you are, they're interested in you.”
Do you have an easy time making friends?
I am puppy dog friendly, but because of all my moves and job changes, I have many acquaintances, few close friends.

5. “Remember that I was out of the closet at the age of sixteen. My parents knew I was gay; I`d had to tell them.”
At what age and situation were you in when you “came out”, in the sense of true honesty, with your parents?
I came home the next morning from the senior prom. I "came out" about being sexually active that morning.

6. “People say things about me all the time and I get over it. I`ve had some appalling things told about me.”
What is the worst lie that was told about you that you felt compelled to respond to?
My friend's aunt told his family at a Thanksgiving meal that I could never have had the gastric bypass surgery because of the way I ate food. She was a nurse, so they believed her. I was totally insulted by this false statement and spoke right up. Wound up leaving the dinner in a huff.

7. “I'd rather have a cup of tea than sex.”
Are there a lot of things more important than sex to you?
I love relaxing, shopping and eating on the same level. When I am doing a large project involving crafts, cleaning, writing or music, I cannot be bothered with sex until I am done.

8. “I knew style and content went hand in hand.”
What celebrity do you find that their sense of style speaks to you?
Drew Barrymore or Nicole Kidman. In the 80s, I liked Brooke Shields and Olivia Newton John's stuff.

9. “In the '60s everybody wanted to be the Beatles or the Stones, in the '70s there were bands everybody tried to emulate, like Led Zeppelin. And I think in the '80s you had lots of bands that had quite individual sounds, ... '80s Rewind.”
What do you think about today's music? How does it compare to what you consider YOUR day?
I love music of every era, except country. MY DAY? My day is every day. I was a teenager in the 1970s and a young rebel in the 80s, so I tend to enjoy those decades the most. I get nostalgic for 50s and 60s stuff as well, and holiday music. I like new stuff like Linkin Park, Green Day, hip hop, Eminem, Civil Twilight and Paramore. Not a pop tart fan however, nor a boy band fan.

10. “Most psychiatrists or analysts are a waste of time.”
What do you think about shrinks and psychologists?
There are good ones and bad ones. If someone can draw out your issues and help you find closure to personality problems, then they are great. Some are just chat partners when it goes on for years and years and you're still messed up inside. Those are the bad ones.

2 comments:

  1. That must have made for a very interesting morning with your parents... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like anyone cares now (prom).
    Why would anyone care about your eating? Jealous person probably with a glass house....and too much wine that day.

    ReplyDelete