Tuesday, November 2, 2010

WEDNESDAY WICKEDNESS meme: DOLLY PARTON

Today we picked Dolly Parton. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!



1. "I hated school. Even to this day, when I see a school bus it's just depressing to me. The poor little kids."
What was your worst year in school? Why?
Probably 6th to 7th grade...I had developing body issues, terrible acne and I played trumpet in the band, so was deemed a NERD and a WEIRDO by my neighborhood kids who rode the bus with me in the morning, torturing me with their taunts.

2. "I still close my eyes and go home - I can always draw from that."
Tell us about YOUR home.
My childhood home was disfunctional and odd. Both parents had been divorced and had 2 children each from their first marriages, then they had me, too large of an age span to bond with the other siblings. They babysat me, but I always felt like an only child. My mother was overbearing and unhappy and my father was emotionally abusive and an alcoholic. Fun fun fun to draw from THAT.

3. "I'm not going to limit myself just because people won't accept the fact that I can do something else."
What have you been told that you couldn’t do, but proved them wrong?
I drove alone across country to Los Angeles and got a job and a place to live and then later, moved to London England and did the same. Both of these experiences after hearing my mother's doomsday warnings about failure. I did just fine.

4. "I'm old enough and cranky enough now that if someone tried to tell me what to do, I'd tell them where to put it."
What was the last incident where you were told what to do and were insulted?
I was training in management for a large chain store and the young snippy cashier was all up in my face telling me how to do EVERYTHING like I was mentally handicapped. I was totally insulted at her attitude and frustrated I was stuck working the entire afternoon with her.

5. "If you don't like the road you're walking, start paving another one."
Have you ever reinvented yourself? How?
With every new job, with every move to a new apartment, with every new man. It goes on....

6. "If you talk bad about country music, it's like saying bad things about my momma. Thems fightin' words."
Is there a type of music that you hate?
COUNTRY.  Sorry Dolly.

7. "It's a good thing I was born a girl, otherwise I'd be a drag queen."
Have you ever crossed dressed for Halloween or just for the hell of it?
Yep, and a dandy fine job I did. I have a photo, but looking for it now would hold up my posting. I'll add it later when I do find it. : )

 8. "My weaknesses have always been food and men - in that order."
What are your weaknesses?
Food and men and puppy dogs.

 9. "The way I see it, if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with the rain."
Tell us about something that you did that required patience, but was worth it.
Living with Bud.

 10. "We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails."
When was the last time you made a major change in your life?
When I moved in with Bud. Changed states, apartments, jobs, food, TV shows, lifestyle. Everything.



VOTE!

5 comments:

  1. ok, I'm confused.

    Was this really Dolly Parton?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeppers it sure was. I like her lots, even tho I can't stand country music. She is an entertainer, like MJ and Elvis. Always a little bit of "false" mixed in with real human on these folks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm rooting for ya Kathy!
    You've come a long way and have done a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "vote" promo. I enjoyed your candor, and always do... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wait JUST a second: you changed food for Bud!?!? That is truly love. :-)

    ReplyDelete