Sunday, November 28, 2010

MONDAY MAYHAM meme: Shopping Tips

Monday Mayhem: 
With the holiday shopping season in full swing, we want to hear your shopping tips for the situations below.

1. You mention to your neighbor, with the body odor, that you are heading out to the mall in the morning. Neighbor asks to go with. What do you say?
"Sure, come on along!"

2. You go up and down every aisle in the parking lot until you finally scope out that perfect place. You patiently pull over to the side and put your signal on to wait for the person pulls out. Someone snags your spot before you can pull in. What do you do?
Park behind them and wait til they get out of the car to tell them I had been waiting for that spot and they should not have cut me off. I also have some of those fake parking tickets in my dash (the ones that tell people they are a$$holes) and I'd stick one on their windshield after they left for the store if I missed them initially.

3. You find that perfect sweater for grandpa and it's the last one in that size. Some lady with three screaming kids approaches you and asks for the sweater for her husband who is deployed in Iraq. What do you do?
Oh geez. Let her have it. Regardless of the story, if someone really wants a material item, I'll let them have it. It's just a thing after all. It only means that the sweater is not the right gift for gramps.

 4. You found the perfect gift for your best friend and you notice that there are no less than 100 people in line in front of you. Unfortunately, you just drank 3 cups of coffee before you entered the store. What do you do?
Get out of line and go pee in the store restroom. Then get back in line. Perfect gifts don't come along easily.

5. You're within 10 people of the checkout after waiting in line for 40 minutes and the person in front of you lets three people in line- he was just saving the spot. What do you do?
Let him. Life's too short to get angry about every little thing.

6. You get to the check out and your card is declined. What do you do?
LOL, this has happened. I check out what cash I have and remove items from the order until I can pay for them. I have done this with groceries!

7. Oops...you forgot to buy something for Aunt Edna. Do you regift the fruit cake George from next door gave you?
Nah. I'll get a grocery store gift card on the way over. : )

8. Are you planning on doing most of your shopping in the stores or online this year?
Both. Too much fun!

6 comments:

  1. You have a lot of zen going today. Perhaps that's why I did not her you swear this morning at the alarm clock...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, guess working the retail and dealing with it on that side of things puts me in the mood to be a real b*tch on the other side. Either that or I only do nice when I'm in a super good mood. Lol, Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanna be there with you when someone steals your parking place. Oh boy! Fun!!!
    Thanks for playing and have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fake parking ticket idea! Where on earth do you get those?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to get me some of those fake parking tickets!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your comments...thanks for reading my answers!
    I got my fake tickets in a novelty card shop. Places like Spencer Gifts and Newbury Comics have them.

    Bud, you don't know what I did in the car on the way into work!

    ReplyDelete