This one is my own meme. : ) Let me know what band you want me to feature. So far, I have John Cogar Mellencamp, Led Zeppelin, Billy Joel and Hits of the 50s coming up...
Today we picked U2. The song's lyrics are in bold.
1. ANGEL OF HARLEM “Blue light on the avenue, God knows they got to you. Empty glass, the lady sings, eyes swollen like a bee sting. Blinded, you lost your way…”
What were you drinking the last time you got drunk?
Grand Marnier 150...it's a special edition bottle and blend that is very expensive. Bud won it at his job...it caused all kinds of trouble in this house after I put down a couple-three snifters or so...
2. BEAUTIFUL DAY “You love this town even if it doesn’t ring true, you’ve been all over and it’s been all over you”
What do you like about your favorite town/city?
London is wonderful, historical, and full of character. I lived there 3 years in the 1980s and will always have love for it.
3. DESIRE “Desire. She’s the candle burnin’ in my room, yeah I’m like the needle, the needle and the spoon. Over the counter, with a shotgun pretty soon, everybody’s got one, I’m in a fever when I’m beside her”…
What do YOU desire right now?
Happiness at work and contentment at home.
4. I STILL HAVEN’T FOUND WHAT I’M LOOKING FOR “I have climbed the highest mountains, I have run thru the fields, Only to be with you, I have run, I have crawled, I have scaled these city walls, only to be with you…”
How do you exercise?
I walk from the car to the store.
5. NEW YEAR’S DAY “All is quiet on New Year’s Day. A world in white gets underway. I want to be with you be with you night and day. Nothing changes on New Year’s Day”
What was your most eventful New Year’s Day? Did anything change?
I used to make a big deal out of weight loss DAY ONE on New Years Days...not any more. Now I just wake up hungover and watch the dammm parade.
6. ONE “Did I disappoint you or leave a bad taste in your mouth? You act like you never had love and you want me to go without. Well, it’s too late tonight to drag the past out into the light. We’re one but we’re not the same.”
What has left a bad taste in YOUR mouth lately?
A rapid fire interview I had a week or so ago.
7. PRIDE (IN THE NAME OF LOVE) “Early morning April 4, shot rings out in the Memphis sky. Free at last, they took your life. They could not take your pride. In the name of love.”
This song was about Martin Luther King Jr…who is YOUR inspiration?
It is more WHAT rather than whom. No person really inspires me...but individual acts people do will inspire me. I live by the slogan "Bloom where you are planted"...it has never failed me.
8. SECONDS “In an apartment in Times Square you can assemble them anywhere. Held to ransom, hell to pay, a revolution every day”
What was the last club, group or gang you joined?
9. SUNDAY BLOODY SUNDAY “And it’s true we are immune when fact is fiction and TV reality. And today the millions cry. We eat and drink while tomorrow we die.”
What is your favorite “Reality” TV Show?
"Wife Swap", hands down. Runner up is "Design Star", and 3rd place is "Project Runway".
10. SURRENDER “She tried to be a good girl and a good wife, raise a good family, lead a good life. It’s not good enough. She got herself up on the 48th floor. Gotta find outfind out what she’s living for”
What are/were the 3 best qualities of your mother?
1. Her cooking
2. Her sense of humor
3. Her generosity
I miss her very much... : (
11. THE SWEETEST THING “My love, she throws me like a rubber ball. Oh the sweetest thing. But she won’t catch me or break my fall. Oh the sweetest thing. Baby’s got blue skies up ahead, but in this, I’m a raincloud.”
What is the coldest, harshest thing you ever did to a significant other/partner/husband/wife?
Ignore him, well more not respond to his conversation.
12. THE UNFORGETTABLE FIRE “These city lights, they shine as silver and gold. Dug from the night, your eyes as black as coal. Walk on by, walk on through, walk till you run and don’t look back”
What was the last night time activity YOU participated in?
13. WITH OR WITHOUT YOU "See the stone set in your eyes, see the thorn twist in your side. I wait for you. Sleight of hand and twist of fate, On a bed of nails she makes me wait, and I wait without you”
What is your favorite magic trick?
Anything by Chris Angel ... I think he is either a vampyre or some other kind of super being. He is amazing.