I'm So Proud
Saturday 9 MEME: I'm So Proud
1. What are you proud of?
How I can re-invent myself so easily.
2. What is the best thing you’ve ever won as a prize? How did you win it?
I worked one summer in a holiday collectibles store that featured those ceramic villages. Some of the pieces are quite expensive and many get retired each year as they release new pieces. The store owner had a contest to see who could guess the most "retired" pieces that would be announced that year. I had the biggest list and had worked there the shortest time. I got a Dickens Village Curiousity Shop building as a prize.
3. Tell us about something you've done that in retrospect was a waste of time.
Men and jobs fall into that category for me.
4. How old were you when life changed the most for you? How did it change?
45. I was introduced to age-ism in the workplace, and also had to deal for the first time in my life with age spots and wrinkles. Guys I once dated that I felt were in my best age group, now made me out to be a "Cougar". It was horrifying.
5. Tell us about a place you that you've been that you considered to be very tranquil.
Places in the Berkshires come to mind, but my morning shower is meditative and tranquil also.
6. Who is your favorite news anchor/reporter? Why?
I don't have a favorite but I don't like the ones who have an opinion or an agenda and don't report the facts.
7. If you were to have the opportunity to name a new town or city, what would you call it? Why?
8. What is something about which you've always wondered but have not yet found a good answer?
Why intelligent people become Christian fanatics.
9. When you can't go to sleep, what is your personal remedy to help yourself drift into Lullabyland?
I usually don't have trouble sleeping and I don't take sleeping meds.