Today we picked Martin Luther King, Jr. Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “A lie cannot live.” When was the last time you felt you were forced to lie?
At a family gathering.
2. “A man who won't die for something is not fit to live.” What, besides the lives of your family, would you die for?
My instinct is survival.
3. “A right delayed is a right denied.” Are there rights or freedoms that you’d give up to be safer?
I don't mind all that airport security stuff, even tho it slows me' travel. The CIA or anti-terrorist people listening in on phone conversations doesn't bother me either. Camera surveillance DOES bother me however.
4. “All progress is precarious, and the solution of one problem brings us face to face with another problem.” When was the last time that you solved a problem of yours just to create another?
Robbing Peter to save Paul...
5. “Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.” What do you have faith in?
Myself...I will land on my feet.
6. “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.” Do you believe things in generally will usually win out?
Yes, but maybe not in THIS life. I believe in balance.
7. “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” When was the last time that you spoke out to help someone that you didn’t have to?
When I scolded the discharge nurse who was badgering my father and making him nervous.
8. “It is not enough to say we must not wage war. It is necessary to love peace and sacrifice for it.” Do you envision a time where the United States will not be at war? Why?
Yes, and I hope it's soon.
9. “Never succumb to the temptation of bitterness.” Is there anything that you are bitter about that you cannot get over?
When my mother died and was cremated, I scattered her ashes over a favorite childhood wooded area at her dying request. The person who bought the property since then fenced the property and polices it. She won't let me "visit" my mothers remains.
10. “Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” Do you take chances by speaking up even when it could cost you something?
Yes, but it has cost me dearly. I have a hard time "keeping it in".