Sunday Stealing: The Time Traveler Meme Rules:
1. Depending on your age, go back 10, 15, 20, or even more years.
2. Tell us how many years back you have traveled and why.
3. Pretend you have met yourself during that era, and tell us where you are.
4. You only have one "date" with this former self.
5. Answer these questions.
Okay, as we start, what year is it and how old are you?
I am in the year 1985 and I am 27 years old.
1. Would your younger self (YYS, from here) recognize you when you first meet?
Yes. I work like heck to look like me, without the freaky hairdoo's that is.
2. Would YYS be surprised to discover what you are doing job wise?
Yes. I felt sure I would have been "discovered" by now.
3. What piece of fashion advice would you give YYS?
Ditch the Day-Glo makeup, color your hair a normal shade, take out those ridiculous shoulder pads from all your clothes and stop ripping the collars and sleeves off your t-shirts.
4. What do you think YYS is most going to want to know?
Yes, I got married...to a guy 9 years younger than me who looks like he belongs in Duran Duran. I would divorce him 7 years later, but my dating life has been grand after 40.
5. How would you answer YYS's question?
6. What would probably be the best thing to tell YYS?
Ditch Antony. Go enjoy yourself in England. Use condoms.
7. What is something that you probably wouldn't tell YYS?
"These are the best days of your adult life", or "You really DO know it all!"
8. What do you think will most surprise YYS about you?
A tie here. I am still dating after 50 and my mother died before my father.
9. What do you think will least surprise YYS?
I still try to look nice before I leave the house. I still love sweets. I still love music from the 1980s.
10. At this point in your life, would YYS like to run into "you" from the future?
Sure, I could use her/my advice!