Hi I'm DJ KathyA! Welcome to Rock 'n Roll Fridays. We are like other memes in that we will ask you thirteen questions each and every Friday. But our little "twist" is that each week we will pick a singer, band, era or category and pick thirteen of their songs. Each of our questions will be based on the lyrics.
Today we picked The Beach Boys.
1. SURFER GIRL : “I have watched you on the shore, standing by the ocean's roar, do you love me do you surfer girl”
Were you ever interested in someone (other than a celebrity) who did not return your interest?
Yes. In 1977 I was in a car crash and the policeman who "rescued" me was near my age. I got an instant crush on him, like patients with nurses. He was just doing his job, but I took his kindness as a flirtation and pursued him for a whole year, even stalking his house. He was never interested in me, nor did he return my calls. I finally moved from the area and got over it.
2. BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL : “So be true to your school now, just like you would for your girl or guy...”
Looking back, how do you feel about your high school days?
Blechh...outside of my band friends, I really hated High School.
3. FUN FUN FUN : “…and she’ll have fun fun fun till her daddy takes the T-Bird away…”
What was the worst punishment you received as a teenager?
My father slapped me in the face after I told my mother I hated her. I was 15 and he had NEVER struck me in any way prior to this moment.
4. I GET AROUND : “Round round get around, I get around”
Where did you go on your last long trip?
A horribly long train ride to NJ for a late christmas exchange, dinner, game nite and an exhausted overnite visit with Bud's family. It was an even worse trip back, with train delays, freezing cold weather and bad driving to stress me out to not want to ever go again.
5. HELP ME RHONDA : “You gotta help me Rhonda, help me get her off of my mind”
What do you do to cheer up after a personal tragedy such as a lost job, power outage or broken relationship?
Shopping! Eating! Let me count the ways...but usually a pint of ice cream should do it.
6. CALIFORNIA GIRLS : “I wish they all could be California girls. The west coast has the sunshine and the girls there get so tan, I dig a French bikini on Hawaiian island dolls, by a palm tree in the sand”
Where are the best boys found?
A toss up between England, Pennsylvania and New England...
7. SLOOP JOHN B : “I wanna go home, please let me go home, ya ya. Well this is the worst trip, I’ve ever been on…”
What is the worst trip you’ve ever been on?
8. WOULDN’T IT BE NICE : “I guess the more we talk about it, it makes it harder just to live without it, but let’s talk about it…”
What is your biggest wish?
To be content...
9. IN MY ROOM : “There’s a place where I can go and tell my secrets to. In my room. In my room.”
What is your favorite thing about your own personal room or space in your home/office?
My make up table. I sit and think there while I paint the tapestry of skin.
10. GOD ONLY KNOWS : “You never need to doubt it, I’ll make you so sure about it. God only knows what I feel about you”
When was the last time you told a significant other or close relative that you loved them?
11. GOOD VIBRATIONS : “My baby has good vibrations, she’s giving me excitations…”
When do you get good vibrations?
Oh come on, geez...Safely now, being with Bud usually conjures up a few.
12. KOKOMO : “We’ll go to Kokomo. We’ll get there fast and then we’ll take it slow. That’s where I wanna go…”
What is your favorite warm weather destination?
I absolutely hate warm weather destinations, so my answer is "into anywhere with air conditioning".
13. DO IT AGAIN : “Let’s get back together and do it again…”
If you could go back in time and gather up your school friends, what would you do again?
Enjoy it this time and appreciate the fact that it will never be the same once you are grown up. sigh.