Today Janera picked Ricky Gervais.
Here's Wednesday Wickedness!
1. “Why buy a book when you can join a library.”
When was your last trip to a library?
I used to go weekly only a few years ago when I lived in Marlborough, MA and Hudson, MA. Marlborough's library has a terrific DVD and VHS section. I find myself too busy to go these days, but I rarely read books, so it's no big deal.
2. “People see me in the suit and they know I'm not fooling anyone, they know I'm rock and roll through and through.”
Does your attire properly represent you?
Most of the time it represents an aspect of my personality. My office attire is professional, casual is neat, dressy is elegant, and the nighties are Bud magnets.
3. “I'm from a little place called England ... We used to run the world before you.”
Do you feel the United States really runs the world?
I am embarrased by the USA's desire to bully everyone in the world into their mainstream policies, including the missionaries who try to dupe the 3rd world folks into their biased ideology.
4. “No one grows up saying 'I hope I work in an office one day?' And that fascinated me. People from 16 to 65 are just thrown together and that is a tantalizing mix.”
When was the last time that you worked in an office like that?
I worked in a large office for a medical software company that was a mixture of ages, cultures and attitudes that spanned the cast of Both Brit and American versions of THE OFFICE show. Yes, these people exist.
5. “Where there's a will-there's a relative!”
Do you have a will? If yes, have you ever changed it?
I do not, but probably will soon. I have no children, and if I pass, I am hoping my worldly goods can be donated or sold and given to either a local food shelter or animal rescue. I am of the mind that no one in my family will profit from my death that cares about me, or pretends to.
6. "When I see a toreador in a bullfight getting gored I think: `Good, you shouldn`t be in there`. What is the pleasure in seeing an animal speared to death? It`s the same with fox hunting. They`re just psychopaths.”
How do you feel about bull fighting and hunting?
I am totally opposed to bull fighting, animal racing (dogs and horses and pigs) and sport hunting. That being said, I believe it is more humane for the entire deer region for trained hunters to systematically kill some, (by a quick well-placed bullet, not crossbow arrows) rather than allow them to breed and over-populate their area and starve in winter.
7. “Money gives me the creeps and mildly embarrasses me. I get paid too much anyway.”
Have you ever thought that you were over paid for a job?
No. I have thought I was underpaid tho...
8. “I hate lateness. I hate people who are late. There is no excuse for turning up late for anything. I`ve never been late for anything in my life. I was actually born a week premature, because I wanted to be early for my own birth.”
Are you usually on time for things?
I am usually right on time or late a few minutes.
9. “I have plenty of pet hates. I can`t stand people scraping their plate or slurping their soup. I can`t stand waiting in lines. I hate people talking inanely about the Lord Of The Rings. I hate people whistling. But I`m not like this because I`m famous. I`ve always been a grumpy bastard.”
What are your “pet hates”?
Snapping gum chewers. Bad service of any kind, especially customer service and restaurant staff. Public breast-feeding. Noisy children. Cats climbing on me when I visit someone....let me count the ways.
10. “I don`t like all this stupid Gollum begat Wobblo and the Oompa Loompas and...Oh Jesus Christ! There was too much "Oh, God, here come the gloodloys..." Christ Almighty, what are they talking about!?”
Are you a fan of “Lord of the Rings”?
I wanted to like it, but NO, I think it is all DARK and gloomy. I don't care about the hobbits at all.